Product Pathways - Neuroscience
APBA2 Antibody #8593
|8593S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8593||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
APBA2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total APBA2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe300 of human APBA2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Amyloid β A4 precursor protein-binding family A member 2 (APBA2) is a neuronal adaptor protein that interacts with the amyloid β precursor protein (APP) (1). The amyloid β-protein (Aβ) is the principal component of amyloid plaques, a pathological hallmark of Alzheimer’s disease (2). APBA2 has been shown to stabilize APP metabolism and suppress the secretion of Aβ (3). APBA2 mediates interaction between APP and the neural type I membrane protein Alcadein (Alc) by linking their cytoplasmic domains, thereby forming a tripartite complex of the three proteins in neurons (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2454 β-Amyloid Antibody
- 2450 APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.