Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Rhodopsin Antibody #8710
|8710S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8710||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||37, 75||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rhodopsin Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total rhodopsin protein. This antibody may also detect rhodopsin protein at 55 kDa.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro7 of human rhodopsin protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Rhodopsin is the photoreceptor in the retinal rods. It is activated by photons, transduces visual information through its cognate G protein, transducin, and is inactivated by arrestin binding (1). Using atomic-force microscopy, rhodopsin was found to be arranged into paracrystalline arrays of dimers in mouse disc membranes (2). Rhodopsin is considered to be the prototype of G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), and is the first GPCR for which a crystal structure was solved (3). Research studies have linked mutations in the gene encoding rhodopsin to retinitis pigmentosa (4,5), a disease characterized by retinal degeneration resulting in reduced peripheral vision and night blindness (6).
- Arshavsky, V.Y. and Burns, M.E. (2012) J Biol Chem 287, 1620-6.
- Fotiadis, D. et al. (2003) Nature 421, 127-8.
- Palczewski, K. et al. (2000) Science 289, 739-45.
- Rivolta, C. et al. (2002) Hum Mol Genet 11, 1219-27.
- Wilson, J.H. and Wensel, T.G. (2003) Mol Neurobiol 28, 149-58.
- Hartong, D.T. et al. (2006) Lancet 368, 1795-809.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.