Product Pathways - Protein Folding
Phospho-CDC37 (Ser13) Antibody #8733
|8733S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8733||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-CDC37 (Ser13) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of CDC37 protein only when phosphorylated at Ser13.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser13 of human CDC37 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CDC37 is an important component of the HSP90 chaperone complex (1,2). It was initially identified for its involvement in cell-cycle progression and was later found to have a much broader role as a chaperone for a wide variety of kinases and other proteins (1-3). CDC37 protein has an amino-terminal kinase binding domain followed by a central HSP90 binding domain. It recruits and stabilizes kinases in the HSP90 complex by protecting the newly synthesized kinase peptide chain from degradation and promoting the next step of protein maturation (4,5). CDC37 also suppresses the ATPase activity of HSP90, thereby leading to conformational changes in the complex that preclude target kinase loading (6). CDC37 has been proposed as a therapeutic target because of its important role in multiple kinase pathways involved in proliferation and cancer cell survival, including Raf, Akt, Src, and ErbB2 pathways (7,8).
CDC37 is phosphorylated by CKII at its carboxy-terminal Ser13 residue; this phosphorylation is required for its interaction with HSP90 and target protein stabilization function (9,10).
- Karnitz, L.M. and Felts, S.J. (2007) Sci STKE 2007, pe22.
- Caplan, A.J. et al. (2007) Trends Cell Biol 17, 87-92.
- Caplan, A.J. et al. (2007) Cell Cycle 6, 3145-7.
- Mandal, A.K. et al. (2007) J Cell Biol 176, 319-28.
- Lee, P. et al. (2002) J Cell Biol 159, 1051-9.
- Siligardi, G. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 20151-9.
- Kimura, Y. et al. (1997) Genes Dev 11, 1775-85.
- Gray, P.J. et al. (2008) Nat Rev Cancer 8, 491-5.
- Shao, J. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 38117-20.
- Miyata, Y. and Nishida, E. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 4065-74.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4793 CDC37 (D11A3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4222 CDC37 (D28H7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.