Product Pathways - Protein Translation
PTBP1 Antibody #8776
|8776S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8776||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||57, 59||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
PTBP1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total PTBP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val338 of human PTBP1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
PTBP1/hnRNP I belongs to the family of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins (hnRNPs) that exert diverse functions in multiple aspects of RNA metabolism (1). PTBP1 is critical for regulating alternative splicing, IRES-mediated translation initiation, and increased stability of a variety of transcripts (2-4). Recently, PTBP1 was found to interact with PSMA3 from the 20S proteasome and is therefore implicated in the process of protein degradation (5,6). PTBP1 is ubiquitously expressed and shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm. Cellular localization of PTBP1 and its interactions with various factors determines the diversity of PTBP1 function (4).
- Chen, M. and Manley, J.L. (2009) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 10, 741-54.
- Amir-Ahmady, B. et al. (2005) RNA 11, 699-716.
- Gama-Carvalho, M. et al. (2006) Genome Biol 7, R113.
- Sawicka, K. et al. (2008) Biochem Soc Trans 36, 641-7.
- Lee, K.A. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 41530-8.
- Fedorova, O.A. et al. (2011) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 416, 258-65.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4699 hnRNP K (A222) Antibody
- 4675 hnRNP K (R332) Antibody
- 9304 hnRNP A2/B1 (2A2) Mouse mAb
- 4046 hnRNP A0 Antibody
- 4296 hnRNP A1 (K350) Antibody
- 5380 hnRNP A1 (R196) Antibody
- 4783 hnRNP LL Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.