Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Phospho-Survivin (Thr34) (D2E11) Rabbit mAb #8888
|8888S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8888||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Survivin (Thr34) (D2E11) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of survivin protein only when phosphorylated at Thr34.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr34 of human survivin protein.
Western blot analysis of HT-29 and HeLa cells, untreated or synchronized in mitosis by thymidine block (2 mM, 17 hr) followed by nocodozole treatment (100 ng/ml, 24 hr), using Phospho-Survivin (Thr34) (D2E11) Rabbit mAb (top), Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb #2808 (middle), or α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125 (lower).
Survivin is a 16 kDa anti-apoptotic protein highly expressed during fetal development and cancer cell malignancy (1). Survivin binds and inhibits caspase-3, controlling the checkpoint in the G2/M-phase of the cell cycle by inhibiting apoptosis and promoting cell division (2,3). This regulatory process requires the phosphorylation of survivin at Thr34 by p34 cdc2 kinase (4). Gene targeting using a Thr34 phosphorylation-defective survivin mutant, as well as antisense survivin, have been shown to inhibit tumor growth (5,6).
- Reed, J.C. and Reed, S.I. (1999) Nature Cell Biol. 1, 199-200.
- Li, F. et al. (1998) Nature 396, 580-584.
- Li, F. et al. (1999) Nat. Cell Biol. 1, 461-466.
- O'Connor, D.S. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 13103-13107.
- Olie, R.A. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60, 2805-2809.
- Grossman, D. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 635-640.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2808 Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb
- 7193 PathScan® Phospho-Survivin (Thr34) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.