Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Maspin (L250) Antibody #9119
|9119S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9119||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Maspin (Q260) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total maspin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu250 of human maspin. Antibodies were purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Maspin (SERPINB5) was discovered as a mammary tumor suppressor that is expressed in normal mammary epithelium but lost in most breast cancer cell lines (1). While maspin is related to the serpin family of serine protease inhibitors, it may not function as a protease inhibitor (2). It plays an essential role in embryonic development through critical roles in cell adhesion (3). While the precise mechanism of maspin signaling is unclear (4), the tumor suppressing activity of maspin has been attributed to its ability to inhibit cell invasion/metastasis (5,6) and angiogenesis (7), while promoting apoptosis (8). Nuclear translocation of active IKKα has been shown to repress maspin transcription and promote prostate cancer metastasis (9).
- Zou, Z. et al. (1994) Science 263, 526-9.
- Pemberton, P.A. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 15832-7.
- Gao, F. et al. (2004) Development 131, 1479-89.
- Bailey, C.M. et al. (2006) J Cell Physiol 209, 617-24.
- Sheng, S. et al. (1996) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93, 11669-74.
- Seftor, R.E. et al. (1998) Cancer Res 58, 5681-5.
- Zhang, M. et al. (2000) Nat Med 6, 196-9.
- Jiang, N. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 4089-98.
- Luo, J.L. et al. (2007) Nature 446, 690-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9117 Maspin (T50) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.