Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
PhosphoPlus® MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody Kit #9120
|9120S||1 Kit (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9120||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||Homology†||Mol. Wt.||Isotype|
|Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) (41G9) Rabbit mAb #9154||100 µl||W, IP||H, M, R, Mk, Dm||C||45 kDa||Rabbit|
|MEK1/2 Antibody #9122||100 µl||W, IP||H, M, R, Mk, Dm||C, X||45 kDa||Rabbit|
|MEK1/2 HeLa Control Cell Extracts #9160||200 µl|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
|Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody #7075||100 µl||Goat|
|20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide #7003||5 ml each||W|
|Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack #7727||100 µl|
†Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Reactivity Key: H=Human, M=Mouse, R=Rat, Mk=Monkey, Dm=D. melanogaster
The PhosphoPlus® MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody Kit provides reagents and protocols for the rapid analysis of the phosphorylation status of MEK1/2 at Ser217/221.
Specificity / Sensitivity
When used in conjunction with our Phototope®-HRP Western Detection System, Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody detects 1 ng phosphorylated MEK1/2 yet will not react with up to 1 µg of nonphosphorylated MEK1/2.
Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody detects endogenous levels of MEK1/2 only when phosphorylated at serines 217 and 221. It will also react with MEK1/2 singly phosphorylated at Ser217 and singly phosphorylated at Ser221. MEK1/2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MEK1/2 protein. Neither antibody cross-reacts with related kinases, such as SEK1 (MKK4), MKK3 or MKK6.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser217/221 of human MEK1/2. Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues corresponding to the sequence of human MEK1/2 (MEK1/2 Antibody).
MEK1 and MEK2, also called MAPK or Erk kinases, are dual-specificity protein kinases that function in a mitogen activated protein kinase cascade controlling cell growth and differentiation (1-3). Activation of MEK1 and MEK2 occurs through phosphorylation of two serine residues at positions 217 and 221, located in the activation loop of subdomain VIII, by Raf-like molecules. MEK1/2 is activated by a wide variety of growth factors and cytokines and also by membrane depolarization and calcium influx (1-4). Constitutively active forms of MEK1/2 are sufficient for the transformation of NIH/3T3 cells or the differentiation of PC-12 cells (4). MEK activates p44 and p42 MAP kinase by phosphorylating both threonine and tyrosine residues at sites located within the activation loop of kinase subdomain VIII.
- Xiao, D. and Singh, S.V. (2002) Cancer Res. 62, 3615-3619. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Watanabe, H. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 14466-14473. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Jost, M. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 6320-6326. Applications: Western Blotting.
- DeWindt, L. J. et al. (2000) . Journal of Biological Chemistry 275, 13571-13579. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Soga, S. et al. (1998) . Journal of Biological Chemistry 273, 822-828. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Galbiati, F. et al. (1998) . European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) 17, 6633-6648. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9903 U0126
- 9160 MEK1/2 HeLa Control Cell Extracts
- 9154 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) (41G9) Rabbit mAb
- 2338 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb
- 9126 MEK1/2 (47E6) Rabbit mAb
- 4694 MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb
- 2352 MEK1 (61B12) Mouse mAb
- 9146 MEK1 (30C8) Rabbit mAb
- 9147 MEK2 (13E3) Rabbit mAb
- 9121 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody
- 9122 MEK1/2 Antibody
- 9124 MEK1 Antibody
- 9125 MEK2 Antibody
- 9127 Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) Antibody
- 9128 Phospho-MEK1 (Ser298) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
PhosphoPlus® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
LumiGLO® is a registered trademark of Kirkegaard & Perry Laboratories.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Select rabbit monoclonal antibodies are developed, validated, and produced at CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and in some instances 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.