Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
PhosphoPlus® c-Jun (Ser63) and c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody Kit #9260
|9260S||1 Kit (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9260||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||Homology†||Mol. Wt.||Isotype|
|c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb #9165||100 µl||W, IP, IHC-P, IHC-F, IF-IC, ChIP||H, M, R, Mk||43, 48 kDa||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
|Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody #7075||100 µl||Goat|
|20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide #7003||5 ml each||W|
|Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack #7727||100 µl|
|c-Jun Control Cell Extracts #9263||150 µl|
|Phospho-c-Jun (Ser73) (D47G9) XP® Rabbit mAb #3270||100 µl||W, IP, IHC-P, IF-IC, F, ChIP||H, M, R, Mk||B||48 kDa||Rabbit IgG|
|Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAb #2361||100 µl||W, IHC-P||H, M, R||48 kDa||Rabbit IgG|
†Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IHC-F=Immunohistochemistry (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), ChIP=Chromatin IP, F=Flow Cytometry
Reactivity Key: H=Human, M=Mouse, R=Rat, Mk=Monkey
Western blot analysis of extracts from untreated or anisomycin-treated C6 cells, or untreated or UV-treated 293 cells, using Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAb #2361 (upper) or c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb #9165 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from UV-treated NIH/3T3 cells using Phospho-c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody #9164.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 and SK-N-MC cells, untreated or UV-treated, using c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb #9165.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen H1650 xenograft, showing nuclear localization using c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb #9165.
Confocal immunofluorescent images of C6 cells, untreated (left) or anisomycin treated (right), labeled with Phospho-c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody #9164 (green) and b-Tubulin Antibody #2146 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5™ (fluorescent DNA dye).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, using c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb #9165 (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin (red).
The PhosphoPlus (R) c-Jun (Ser63) and c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody Kit provides reagents and controls for rapid analysis of c-Jun phosphorylation status.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of c-Jun only when phosphorylated at Ser63. Phospho-c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody detects endogenous levels of c-Jun only when phosphorylated at Ser73. This antibody also recognizes phosphorylation of JunD at Ser100. c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total c-Jun protein.
Source / Purification
Phospho-specific polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser63 or Ser73 of human c-Jun, and purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography. Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal of human c-Jun.
c-Jun is a member of the Jun family containing c-Jun, JunB, and JunD, and is a component of the transcription factor activator protein-1 (AP-1). AP-1 is composed of dimers of Fos, Jun, and ATF family members and binds to and activates transcription at TRE/AP-1 elements (reviewed in 1). Extracellular signals including growth factors, chemokines, and stress activate AP-1-dependent transcription. The transcriptional activity of c-Jun is regulated by phosphorylation at Ser63 and Ser73 through SAPK/JNK (reviewed in 2). Knock-out studies in mice have shown that c-Jun is essential for embryogenesis (3), and subsequent studies have demonstrated roles for c-Jun in various tissues and developmental processes including axon regeneration (4), liver regeneration (5), and T cell development (6). AP-1 regulated genes exert diverse biological functions including cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis, as well as transformation, invasion and metastasis, depending on cell type and context (7-9). Other target genes regulate survival, as well as hypoxia and angiogenesis (8,10). Research studies have implicated c-Jun as a promising therapeutic target for cancer, vascular remodeling, acute inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis (11,12).
- Jochum, W. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 2401-12.
- Davis, R.J. (2000) Cell 103, 239-52.
- Hilberg, F. et al. (1993) Nature 365, 179-81.
- Raivich, G. et al. (2004) Neuron 43, 57-67.
- Behrens, A. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 1782-90.
- Riera-Sans, L. and Behrens, A. (2007) J Immunol 178, 5690-700.
- Leppä, S. and Bohmann, D. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6158-62.
- Shaulian, E. and Karin, M. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, E131-6.
- Weiss, C. and Bohmann, D. (2004) Cell Cycle 3, 111-3.
- Karamouzis, M.V. et al. (2007) Mol Cancer Res 5, 109-20.
- Kim, S. and Iwao, H. (2003) J Pharmacol Sci 91, 177-81.
- Dass, C.R. and Choong, P.F. (2008) Pharmazie 63, 411-4.
- Li, B. S. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 324-333. Applications: Western Blotting, IC-ABC.
- Garcia, M. et al. (2002) J. Neurosci. 22, 2174-2184. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Watanabe, H. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 14466-14473. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9221 Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr71) Antibody
- 9261 Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) II Antibody
- 9164 Phospho-c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody
- 9165 c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9263 c-Jun Control Cell Extracts
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
PhosphoPlus® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
LumiGLO® is a registered trademark of Kirkegaard & Perry Laboratories.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Select rabbit monoclonal antibodies are developed, validated, and produced at CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and in some instances 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.