Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
RSK2 Antibody #9340
|9340S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9340||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||90||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
RSK2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total RSK2 protein. It does not cross-react with the RSK1 or RSK3 isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu719 of human RSK2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of purified RSK1, RSK2 and RSK3 proteins using RSK1 Antibody #9333 (upper), RSK2 Antibody (middle) or RSK3 Antibody #9343 (lower).
The 90 kDa ribosomal S6 kinases (RSK1-4) are a family of widely expressed Ser/Thr kinases characterized by two nonidentical, functional kinase domains (1) and a carboxy-terminal docking site for extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs) (2). Several sites both within and outside of the RSK kinase domain, including Ser380, Thr359, Ser363, and Thr573, are important for kinase activation (3). RSK1-3 are activated via coordinated phosphorylation by MAPKs, autophosphorylation, and phosphoinositide-3-OH kinase (PI3K) in response to many growth factors, polypeptide hormones, and neurotransmitters (3).
Stimulation by various growth factors leads to activation of RSK2, which is a critical downstream effector kinase in several pathways. EGF stimulation leads to phosphorylation of CREB at Ser133 and phosphorylation of histone H3 in vivo by RSK2 (4,5). RSK2 phosphorylation of p53 may help regulate chromatin structure and cell cycle (6). RSK2 is prominently expressed in the brain and is essential for cognitive function and learning. During development, RSK2 regulates the differentiation of osteoblasts and skeletal muscle cells (7,8). Mutations in the corresponding gene are associated with Coffin-Lowry syndrome (CLS), an X-linked disorder characterized by mental retardation and the presence of characteristic facial anomalies (9).
- Fisher, T.L. and Blenis, J. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 1212-9.
- Smith, J.A. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 2893-8.
- Dalby, K.N. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 1496-505.
- De Cesare, D. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 12202-7.
- Sassone-Corsi, P. et al. (1999) Science 285, 886-91.
- Cho, Y.Y. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 3596-603.
- Yang, X. et al. (2004) Cell 117, 387-98.
- Cho, Y.Y. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 8380-92.
- Delaunoy, J.P. et al. (2006) Clin Genet 70, 161-6.
- Fonseca, B.D. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27111-22. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9326 p90RSK Antibody Sampler Kit
- 3556 Phospho-RSK2 (Ser227) (D53A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9335 Phospho-p90RSK (Ser380) (9D9) Rabbit mAb
- 9355 RSK1/RSK2/RSK3 (32D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9333 RSK1 Antibody
- 9343 RSK3 Antibody
- 9341 Phospho-p90RSK (Ser380) Antibody
- 9344 Phospho-p90RSK (Thr359/Ser363) Antibody
- 9346 Phospho-p90RSK (Thr573) Antibody
- 9347 RSK1/RSK2/RSK3 Antibody
- 9348 Phospho-RSK3 (Thr356/Ser360) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.