Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) (C11A12) Rabbit mAb #9364
|9364S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9364||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) (C11A12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Stat6 only when phosphorylated at Tyr641. This antibody does not cross-react with the corresponding phospho-tyrosine residues of other Stat proteins. Cross-reactivity has been observed with receptor tyrosine kinases including phosphorylated PDGF receptor that can lead to inapproriate membrane staining.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr641 of human Stat6.
Upon activation by Janus kinases, Stat6 translocates to the nucleus where it regulates cytokine-induced gene expression. Stat6 is activated via phosphorylation at Tyr641 and is required for responsiveness to IL-4 and IL-13 (1-4). In addition, Stat6 is activated by IFN-α in B cells, where it forms transcriptionally active complexes with Stat2 and p48 (5,6). Protein phosphatase 2A is also involved in regulation of IL-4-mediated Stat6 signaling (7).
- Nelms, K. et al. (1999) Ann. Rev. Immunol. 17, 701-738.
- Malabarba, M.G. et al. (1996) Biochem. J. 319, 865-872.
- Hou, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 1701-1706.
- Quelle, F.W. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 3336-3343.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1996) Nature 380, 627-630.
- Gupta, S. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163, 3834-3841.
- Woetmann, A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 2787-2791.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9361 Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) Antibody
- 9362 Stat6 Antibody
- 9167 Phospho-Stat1 (Tyr701) (58D6) Rabbit mAb
- 4441 Phospho-Stat2 (Tyr690) Antibody
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9359 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C11C5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.