Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp353) Antibody (Rat Specific) #9507
|9507S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9507||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp353) Antibody (Rat Specific) detects endogenous levels of the large fragment (17 kDa or 38 kDa with prodomain) of caspase-9 resulting from cleavage at aspartic acid 353. The antibody does not recognize full length caspase-9 or any other cleaved caspases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino-terminal residues surrounding Asp353 of rat caspase-9. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of C6 cells, untreated or cytochrome c-treated (1hr, 0.25 mg/ml), and PC12 cells, untreated or staurosporine-treated (3hrs, 1uM), using Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp353) Antibody (Rat Specific).
Caspase-9 (ICE-LAP6, Mch6) is an important member of the cysteine aspartic acid protease (caspase) family (1,2). Upon apoptotic stimulation, cytochrome c released from mitochondria associates with the 47 kDa procaspase-9/Apaf 1. Apaf-1 mediated activation of caspase-9 involves instrinsic proteolytic processing resulting in cleavage at Asp315 and producing a p35 subunit. Another cleavage occurs at Asp330 producing a p37 subunit that can serve to amplify the apoptotic response (3-6). Cleaved caspase-9 further processes other caspase members, including caspase-3 and caspase-7, to initiate a caspase cascade, which leads to apoptosis (7-10).
- Duan, H. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 16720-16724.
- Srinivasula, S. M. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 27099-27106.
- Liu, X. et al. (1996) Cell 86, 147-157.
- Li, P. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 479-489.
- Zou, H. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 11549-11556.
- Srinivasula, S.M. et al. (1998) Mol Cell 1, 949-57.
- Deveraux, Q. L. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 2215-2223.
- Slee, E. A. et al. (1999) J. Cell Biol. 144, 281-292.
- Sun, X. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 5053-5060.
- MacFarlane, M. et al. (1997) J. Cell Biol. 137, 469-479.
- Kim, I. Y. et al. (2002) . Cancer Res. 62, 3649-3653. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Sánchez-Gómez, M.V. et al. (2003) J Neurosci 23, 9519-28. Applications: IC-IF.
- Guimarães, C.A. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 41938-46. Applications: IC-ABC.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9501 Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp330) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9502 Caspase-9 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9504 Caspase-9 Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 9506 Caspase-9 Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.