Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-eNOS (Ser113) Antibody #9575
|9575S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9575||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-eNOS (Ser113) Antibody detects endogenous levels of eNOS only when phosphorylated at serine 113.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser113 of human eNOS. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) is an important enzyme in the cardiovascular system. It catalyzes the production of nitric oxide (NO), a key regulator of blood pressure, vascular remodeling, and angiogenesis (1,2). The activity of eNOS is regulated by phosphorylation at multiple sites. The two most thoroughly studied sites are the activation site Ser1177 and the inhibitory site Thr495 (3). Several protein kinases including Akt/PKB, PKA, and AMPK activate eNOS by phosphorylating Ser1177 in response to various stimuli (4,5). In contrast, bradykinin and H2O2 activate eNOS activity by promoting both Ser1177 phosphorylation and Thr495 dephosphorylation (6,7).
eNOS is activated by VEGF, and this activation is associated with dephsophorylation of eNOS at serine 113. Cyclosporin A blocks this dephosphorylation of eNOS upon VEGF stimulation (8).
- Fulton, D. et al. (2001) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 299, 818-824.
- Shaul, P.W. (2002) Annu. Rev. Physiol. 64, 749-774.
- Chen, Z.P. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett. 443, 285-289.
- Dimmeler, S. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 601-605.
- Fulton, D. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 597-601.
- Harris, M.B. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 16587-16591.
- Thomas, S.R. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 6017-6024.
- Kou, R. et al. (2002) J Biol. Chem. 277(33) , 29669-29673.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9570 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) (C9C3) Rabbit mAb
- 9571 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) Antibody
- 9572 eNOS Antibody
- 9574 Phospho-eNOS (Thr495) Antibody
- 9575 Phospho-eNOS (Ser113) Antibody
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.