Product Pathways - Development
Slug (L40C6) Mouse mAb #9589
|9589S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9589||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Slug (L40C6) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Slug protein. It does not recognize transfected human or mouse Snail proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human Slug protein.
Slug (SNAI2) is a widely expressed transcriptional repressor and member of the Snail family of zinc finger transcription factors (1). Similar to the related Snail protein, Slug binds to the E-cadherin promoter region to repress transcription during development (2). The binding of Slug to integrin promoter sequences represses integrin expression and results in reduced cell adhesion (3). Down regulation of E-cadherin expression occurs during the epithelial-mesenchymal transition during embryonic development, a process also exploited by invasive cancer cells (4,5). The tumor suppressor protein p53 induces Slug expression in γ-irradiated cells; Slug protects damaged cells from apoptosis by repressing p53-induced transcription of the proapoptotic Bcl-2 family protein Puma (6). Deletion mutations in the corresponding Slug gene are associated with the pigmentation disorders Waardenburg Syndrome and Piebaldism, while a genetic duplication resulting in Slug overexpression is associated with a collection of congenital heart defects termed tetralogy of Fallot (7).
- Inukai, T. et al. (1999) Mol Cell 4, 343-52.
- Bolós, V. et al. (2003) J Cell Sci 116, 499-511.
- Turner, F.E. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 21321-31.
- Barrallo-Gimeno, A. and Nieto, M.A. (2005) Development 132, 3151-61.
- Castro Alves, C. et al. (2007) J Pathol 211, 507-15.
- Wu, W.S. et al. (2005) Cell 123, 641-53.
- Pérez-Mancera, P.A. et al. (2006) Cytogenet Genome Res 114, 24-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4719 Snail (SN9H2) Rat mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.