Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys79) Antibody #9757
|9757S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9757P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9757||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||17||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
This antibody detects endogenous levels of histone H3 only when di-methylated on Lys79. The antibody does not cross-react with non-methylated, mono-methylated or tri-methylated Lys79. In addition, the antibody does not cross-react with methylated histone H3 Lys4, Lys9, Lys27, Lys36 or methylated histone H4 Lys20.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of histone H3 in which Lys79 is di-methylated. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of cell lysates from HeLa, NIH/3T3, C6 and COS cells, using Di-Methyl Histone H3 (Lys79) Antibody.
Di-Methyl Histone H3 (Lys79) Antibody specificity was determined by peptide ELISA. The graph depicts the binding of the antibody to pre-coated di-methyl histone H3 (Lys79) peptide in the presence of increasing concentrations of various competitor peptides. As shown, only the di-methyl histone H3 (Lys79) peptide competed away binding of the antibody.
The nucleosome, made up of four core histone proteins (H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin. Originally thought to function as a static scaffold for DNA packaging, histones have now been shown to be dynamic proteins, undergoing multiple types of post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (1). Histone methylation is a major determinant for the formation of active and inactive regions of the genome and is crucial for the proper programming of the genome during development (2,3). Arginine methylation of histones H3 (Arg2, 17, 26) and H4 (Arg3) promotes transcriptional activation and is mediated by a family of protein arginine methyltransferases (PRMTs), including the co-activators PRMT1 and CARM1 (PRMT4) (4). In contrast, a more diverse set of histone lysine methyltransferases has been identified, all but one of which contain a conserved catalytic SET domain originally identified in the Drosophila Su(var)3-9, Enhancer of zeste, and Trithorax proteins. Lysine methylation occurs primarily on histones H3 (Lys4, 9, 27, 36, 79) and H4 (Lys20) and has been implicated in both transcriptional activation and silencing (4). Methylation of these lysine residues coordinates the recruitment of chromatin modifying enzymes containing methyl-lysine binding modules such as chromodomains (HP1, PRC1), PHD fingers (BPTF, ING2), tudor domains (53BP1), and WD-40 domains (WDR5) (5-8). The discovery of histone demethylases such as PADI4, LSD1, JMJD1, JMJD2, and JHDM1 has shown that methylation is a reversible epigenetic marker (9).
- Peterson, C.L. and Laniel, M.A. (2004) Curr. Biol. 14, R546-R551.
- Kubicek, S. et al. (2006) Ernst Schering Res. Found Workshop, 1-27.
- Lin, W. and Dent, S.Y. (2006) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 16, 137-142.
- Lee, D.Y. et al. (2005) Endocr. Rev. 26, 147-170.
- Daniel, J.A. et al. (2005) Cell Cycle 4, 919-926.
- Shi, X. et al. (2006) Nature 442, 96-99.
- Wysocka, J. et al. (2006) Nature 442, 86-90.
- Wysocka, J. et al. (2005) Cell 121, 859-872.
- Trojer, P. and Reinberg, D. (2006) Cell 125, 213-217.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 9717 Histone H3 (3H1) Rabbit mAb
- 9723 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) Antibody
- 9727 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) Antibody
- 9758 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys36) Antibody
- 9671 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 9677 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9/Lys14) Antibody
- 9675 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) Antibody
- 9701 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.