Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Toll-like Receptor Antibody Sampler Kit #9971
|9971S||1 Kit (4 x 40 µl)||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||Homology†||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Toll-like Receptor 1 Antibody #2209||40 µl||W, IP||H||Mk||86||Rabbit|
|Toll-like Receptor 7 Antibody #2633||40 µl||W||H, M, R||Mk, Dg||140||Rabbit|
|Toll-like Receptor 2 Antibody #2229||40 µl||W||H, Mk||90-105||Rabbit|
|Toll-like Receptor 9 Antibody #2254||40 µl||W, IP||H||130||Rabbit|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
†Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Reactivity Key: H=Human, M=Mouse, R=Rat, Mk=Monkey
Western blot analysis of extracts from SR cells using Toll-like Receptor 1 Antibody #2209.
Western blot analysis of extracts from THP-1 cell lines, stimulated with 200 µM TPA overnight, using Toll-like Receptor 2 Antibody #2229.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Raji and Ramos cells using Toll-like Receptor 9 Antibody #2254.
The Toll-Like Receptor Antibody Sampler Kit is an economical way to examine the total protein levels of a number of toll-like receptors. This kit includes enough primary and secondary antibodies to perform four Western blot experiments with each antibody.
Specificity / Sensitivity
All antibodies contained in this kit detect endogenous levels of their respective total TLR protein. Cross reactivity was not detected with other family members at physiological conditions.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide and the resulting antibody is purified by peptide affinity chromatography. The Toll-like Receptor 1 Antibody #2209 is specific for the amino terminus of human TLR1. The Toll-like Receptor 2 Antibody #2229 is specific for the region surrounding leucine 179 of human TLR2. The Toll-like Receptor 7 Antibody #2633 is specific for the carboxyl terminus of human TLR7. The Toll-like Receptor 9 Antibody #2254 is specific for the region surrounding glycine 442 of human TLR9.
Members of the Toll-like receptor (TLR) family, named for the closely related Toll receptor in Drosophila, play a pivotal role in innate immune responses (1-4). TLRs recognize conserved motifs found in various pathogens and mediate defense responses (5-7). Triggering of the TLR pathway leads to the activation of NF-κB and subsequent regulation of immune and inflammatory genes (4). The TLRs and members of the IL-1 receptor family share a conserved stretch of approximately 200 amino acids known as the Toll/Interleukin-1 receptor (TIR) domain (1). Upon activation, TLRs associate with a number of cytoplasmic adaptor proteins containing TIR domains, including myeloid differentiation factor 88 (MyD88), MyD88-adaptor-like/TIR-associated protein (MAL/TIRAP), Toll-receptor-associated activator of interferon (TRIF), and Toll-receptor-associated molecule (TRAM) (8-10). This association leads to the recruitment and activation of IRAK1 and IRAK4, which form a complex with TRAF6 to activate TAK1 and IKK (8,11-14). Activation of IKK leads to the degradation of IκB, which normally maintains NF-κB in an inactive state by sequestering it in the cytoplasm.
- Akira, S. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 38105-8.
- Beutler, B. (2004) Nature 430, 257-63.
- Dunne, A. and O'Neill, L.A. (2003) Sci STKE 2003, re3.
- Medzhitov, R. et al. (1997) Nature 388, 394-7.
- Schwandner, R. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 17406-9.
- Takeuchi, O. et al. (1999) Immunity 11, 443-51.
- Alexopoulou, L. et al. (2001) Nature 413, 732-8.
- Zhang, F.X. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 7611-4.
- Horng, T. et al. (2001) Nat Immunol 2, 835-41.
- Oshiumi, H. et al. (2003) Nat Immunol 4, 161-7.
- Muzio, M. et al. (1997) Science 278, 1612-5.
- Wesche, H. et al. (1997) Immunity 7, 837-47.
- Suzuki, N. et al. (2002) Nature 416, 750-6.
- Irie, T. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett 467, 160-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2219 Toll-like Receptor 4 Antibody (Rodent Specific)
- 3699 MyD88 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.