News from the Bench
Discover what’s going on at CST, receive our latest application notes and tips, read our science features, and learn about our products.
Research More. Spend Less.
Spend $650 or more and get 20% off*
(*Offer valid in the US only. Expires June 30, 2017)
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody) (Pacific Blue™ Conjugate) #9059
This product is currently unavailable
YES! Alert me when the status of this product changes.
We recommend the following alternatives
|15010||DYKDDDDK Tag (D6W5B) Rabbit mAb (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody) (Pacific Blue™ Conjugate)||All|
Gallery: DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody) (Pacific Blue™ Conjugate) #9059
Flow Cytometry, Methanol Permeabilization Protocol for Direct Conjugates
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808) To prepare 1 L 1X PBS: add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix.
- 16% Formaldehyde (methanol free).
- 100% methanol.
- Incubation Buffer: Dissolve 0.5 g Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) (#9998) in 100 ml 1X PBS. Store at 4°C.
NOTE: If using whole blood, lyse red blood cells and wash by centrifugation prior to fixation.
- Collect cells by centrifugation and aspirate supernatant.
- Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml 1X PBS. Add formaldehyde to obtain a final concentration of 4%.
- Fix for 15 min at room temperature.
- Wash by centrifugation with excess 1X PBS. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml 1X PBS.
- Permeabilize cells by adding ice-cold 100% methanol slowly to pre-chilled cells, while gently vortexing, to a final concentration of 90% methanol.
- Incubate 30 min on ice.
- Proceed with immunostaining (Section D) or store cells at -20°C in 90% methanol.
- Aliquot desired number of cells into tubes or wells.
- Wash cells by centrifugation in excess 1X PBS to remove methanol. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Repeat if necessary.
- Resuspend cells in 100 µl of diluted antibody conjugate (prepared in incubation buffer at the recommended dilution).
- Incubate for 1 hr at room temperature. Protect from light.
- Wash by centrifugation in incubation buffer. Discard supernatant. Repeat.
- Resuspend cells in 1X PBS and analyze on flow cytometer; alternatively, for DNA staining, proceed to optional DNA stain (Section E).
E. Optional DNA Dye
- Resuspend cells in 0.5 ml of DNA dye (e.g. Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087).
- Incubate for at least 5 min at room temperature.
- Analyze cells in DNA staining solution on flow cytometer.
posted July 2009
revised June 2017
DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody) (Pacific Blue™ Conjugate) recognizes transfected DYKDDDDK-tagged proteins in cells. The antibody recognizes the DYKDDDDK peptide (the same epitope recognized by Sigma's Anti-FLAG® antibodies) fused to either the amino- or carboxy-terminus of targeted proteins. The binding specificity of this antibody is NOT dependent on the presence of divalent metal cations.Species Reactivity: All Species Expected
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic DYKDDDDK peptide. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein’s biochemical properties.
The DYKDDDDK peptide has been used extensively as a general epitope tag in expression vectors. This peptide can be expressed and detected with the protein of interest as an amino-terminal or carboxy-terminal fusion (1).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. Anti-FLAG is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Biotechnology. Pacific Blue is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.