Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
To Purchase # 65396S
|65396S||100 µl (50 tests)||$329.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
M-CSF Receptor (D3O9X) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #65396
Flow cytometric analysis of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells co-stained with anti-human CD14-APC using M-CSF Receptor (D3O9X) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) (right) compared to a concentration-matched Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (PE Conjugate) #5742 (left).Learn more about how we get our images
Gallery: M-CSF Receptor (D3O9X) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #65396
Flow Cytometry, Extracellular Epitope Protocol for Direct Conjugates
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808) To prepare 1 L 1X PBS: add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix.
- Formaldehyde (methanol free).
- Incubation Buffer: Dissolve 0.5 g bovine serum albumin (BSA) (#9998) in 100mL 1X PBS. Store at 4°C.
NOTE: If live cell staining is desired, proceed to Section C.
- Collect cells by centrifugation and aspirate supernatant.
- Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml PBS. Add formaldehyde to obtain a final concentration of 4% formaldehyde.
- Fix for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Wash by centrifugation with excess 1X PBS. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Resuspend cells in 1X PBS.
- Proceed with staining or store cells at +4°C in PBS with 0.1% sodium azide.
NOTE: Count cells using a hemocytometer or alternative method.
- Aliquot desired number of cells into tubes or wells.
- If necessary, centrifuge to remove excess PBS.
- Resuspend cells in 100 µl of diluted antibody conjugate (prepared in incubation buffer at the recommended dilution).
- Incubate for 30-60 minutes at room temperature.
- Wash by centrifugation in incubation buffer. Discard supernatant. Repeat.
- Resuspend cells in 1X PBS and analyze on flow cytometer; alternatively, for DNA staining, proceed to Section D.
D. Optional DNA Dye
- Resuspend cells in 0.5 ml of DNA dye (e.g. Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087).
- Incubate for at least 5 min at room temperature.
- Analyze cells in DNA staining solution on flow cytometer.
posted January 2009
revised June 2017
M-CSF Receptor (D3O9X) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) recognizes endogenous levels of total M-CSF Receptor protein.Species Reactivity: Human
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant M-CSF Receptor protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to phycoerythrin (PE) and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry analysis in human cells. This antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated M-CSF Receptor (D3O9X) XP® Rabbit mAb #67455.
Macrophage-colony stimulating factor (M-CSF, CSF-1) receptor is an integral membrane tyrosine kinase encoded by the c-fms proto-oncogene. M-CSF receptor is expressed in monocytes (macrophages and their progenitors) and drives growth and development of this blood cell lineage. (1-3). Binding of M-CSF to its receptor induces receptor dimerization, activation, and autophosphorylation of cytoplasmic tyrosine residues used as docking sites for SH2-containing signaling proteins (4). There are at least five major tyrosine autophosphorylation sites. Tyr723 (Tyr721 in mouse) is located in the kinase insert (KI) region. Phosphorylated Tyr723 binds the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase as well as PLCγ2 (5). Phosphorylation of Tyr809 provides a docking site for Shc (5). Overactivation of this receptor can lead to a malignant phenotype in various cell systems (6). The activated M-CSF receptor has been shown to be a predictor of poor outcome in advanced epithelial ovarian carcinoma (7) and breast cancer (8).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.