His-Tag (D3I1O) XP® Rabbit mAb #12698
|12698S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12698P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12698||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Transfected Only||Rabbit IgG|
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
His-Tag (D3I1O) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes recombinant proteins containing the 6xHis epitope tag. The antibody recognizes the 6xHis-tag fused to either the amino or carboxy terminus of targeted proteins in transfected cells.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of the 6xHis epitope tag.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, untransfected or transfected with 6xHis-Tag fusion protein 1 or 6xHis-Tag fusion protein 2, using His-Tag (D3I1O) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of His-Tag protein from transfected 293T cells using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or His-Tag (D3I1O) XP® Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using His-Tag (D3I1O) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of 293T cells, untransfected (blue) or transfected with a His-myc-Akt plasmid (green), using His-Tag (D3I1O) XP® Rabbit mAb. Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) #4414 was used as a secondary antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of 293T cells transfected with a His-Tagged protein using His-Tag (D3I1O) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor= DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
293T cells were either untransfected (left panel) or transfected with an His-tagged human Stat3 construct (right panel), then treated with Human Interleukin-6 (hIL-6) #8904 (100 ng/ml, 30 min). Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 cells and 5 µl of His-Tag (D3I1O) XP® Rabbit mAb, 5 µl of Stat3α (D1A5) XP® Rabbit mAb #8768, or 2 µl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human c-Fos Promoter Primers #4663, human IRF-1 promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
A variety of plasmids contain DNA that encodes an amino-terminal tag consisting of six histidine (6xHis) residues followed by an extended multiple cloning site. The 6xHis tag on the expressed recombinant proteins allows for efficient coupling to Ni2+ affinity resins and purification by single step chromatography (1).
As is the case with other protein tag systems (2), this polyhistidine tag can often be cleaved at sites recognized by proteases such as thrombin and enterokinases to isolate the protein of interest (1).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8146 DYKDDDDK Tag (9A3) Mouse mAb (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody)
- 2278 Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb
- 3724 HA-Tag (C29F4) Rabbit mAb
- 2625 GST (91G1) Rabbit mAb
- 2965 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) (C31E5E) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.