Product Pathways - Translational Control
Mili Antibody #2071
|W IP IHC-P IF-F||M||Endogenous||110||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Mili Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Mili protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of mouse Mili. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various mouse tissues using Mili Antibody (upper panel) or β-Actin Antibody (#4967) (lower panel).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse testis using Mili Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mouse testis using Mili Antibody (green) and Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb #4545 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
The Drosophila piwi gene was identified as being required for the self-renewal of germ-line stem cells (1). Piwi homologs are well conserved among various species including Arabidopsis, C. elegans, and human (1). Miwi and Mili proteins are both mouse homologs of Piwi and contain a C-terminal Piwi domain (2). Miwi and Mili bind to Piwi-interacting RNAs (piRNAs) in male germ cells and are essential for spermatogenesis in mouse (3-5).
- Cox, D.N. et al. (1998) Genes Dev 12, 3715-27.
- Kuramochi-Miyagawa, S. et al. (2001) Mech Dev 108, 121-33.
- Aravin, A. et al. (2006) Nature 442, 203-7.
- Grivna, S.T. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103, 13415-20.
- Grivna, S.T. et al. (2006) Genes Dev 20, 1709-14.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2079 Miwi (G82) Antibody
- 2025 Miwi (D478) Antibody
- 2897 Argonaute 2 (C34C6) Rabbit mAb
- 4049 THEX1 Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.