Product Pathways - Protein Stability
CUL4A Antibody #2699
|2699S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2699||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||80, 82||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cul4A Antibody detects endogenous levels of total human CUL4A protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding residues surrounding Ser12 of human CUL4A. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Cullin-4 (CUL4) is a member of the cullin family of related ubiquitin ligases (1). A pair of mammalian CUL4 proteins - CUL4A and CUL4B - has been identified. The carboxy-terminal domain of CUL4 interacts with Rbx1 and E2 enzyme while the amino-terminal CUL4 domain interacts with BPB domain of UV-damaged DNA binding protein DDB1 to form a CUL4-DDB1 ubiquitin ligase complex (2). This CUL4-DDB1 complex binds a variety of WD40-containing proteins that help to enhance additional substrate recruitment (2,3). The CUL4 complex has been shown to target substrates involved in DNA repair, cell cycle progression (2), transcription (3), and development (2-6).
- Petroski, M.D. and Deshaies, R.J. (2005) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 6, 9-20.
- Lee, J. and Zhou, P. (2007) Mol Cell 26, 775-80.
- Higa, L.A. and Zhang, H. (2007) Cell Div 2, 5.
- Ghosh, P. et al. (2008) Cell Cycle 7, 373-81.
- Ohtake, F. et al. (2007) Nature 446, 562-6.
- Shiyanov, P. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 35309-12.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4995 CUL1 Antibody
- 2759 CUL3 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.