Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Phospho-cPLA2 (Ser505) Antibody #2831
|2831S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2831||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||95||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-cPLA2 (Ser505) Antibody detects endogenous levels of cPLA2 only when phosphorylated at serine 505. It does not cross-react with the secreted PLA2 (sPLA2) or cytosolic Ca2+ independent PLA2 (iPLA2).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser505 of human cPLA2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) is a ubiquitously distributed enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of the sn-2 acyl bond of glycerolipids to produce lysophospholipids and release arachidonic acid (1). cPLA2 has been implicated in diverse cellular responses such as mitogenesis, differentiation, inflammation and cytotoxicity (1). Calcium binding to the amino-terminal CalB domain of cPLA2 promotes the translocation of cPLA2 from cytosol to membrane, where cPLA2 cleaves arachidonic acid from natural membrane (2). Phosphorylation of cPLA2 by MAPK (p42/44 and p38) at Ser505 (3,4) and Ser727 (5) stimulates its catalytic activity.
- Zhou, H. et al. (2003) . Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointerst. Liver Physiol. 284, 472-480. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Taketomi, Y. et al. (2013) Nat Immunol 14, 554-63. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2832 cPLA2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.