Product Pathways - Companion Products
DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody) (Biotinylated) #2908
|W IP||All||Transfected Only||8||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody (Biotinylated) detects transfected levels of DYKDDDDK tagged proteins. The antibody recognizes the DYKDDDDK peptide (the same epitope recognized by Sigma's Anti-FLAG® antibodies) fused to either the amino or carboxy terminus of targeted proteins. The binding specificity of this antibody is NOT dependent on the presence of divalent metal cations.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic DYKDDDDK peptide. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
The DYKDDDDK peptide has been used extensively as a general epitope tag in expression vectors. This peptide can be expressed and detected with the protein of interest as an amino-terminal or carboxy-terminal fusion (1).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2368 DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody)
- 2044 DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody) (HRP Conjugate)
- 2912 GFP (D5.1) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
Anti-FLAG® is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.