Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
PI3 Kinase p110β (C33D4) Rabbit mAb #3011
|W IP||H||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PI3 Kinase p110β (C33D4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PI3K p110β protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide of human PI3K p110β.
Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) catalyzes the production of phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-triphosphate by phosphorylating phosphatidylinositol (PI), phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate (PIP), and phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2). Growth factors and hormones trigger this phosphorylation event, which in turn coordinates cell growth, cell cycle entry, cell migration, and cell survival (1). PTEN reverses this process, and research studies have shown that the PI3K signaling pathway is constitutively activated in human cancers that have loss of function of PTEN (2). PI3Ks are composed of a catalytic subunit (p110) and a regulatory subunit. Various isoforms of the catalytic subunit (p110α, p110β, p110γ, and p110δ) have been isolated, and the regulatory subunits that associate with p110α, p110β, and p110δ are p85α and p85β (3). In contrast, p110γ associates with a p101 regulatory subunit that is unrelated to p85. Furthermore, p110γ is activated by βγ subunits of heterotrimeric G proteins (4).
p110ß is widely distributed in tissue and plays an essential role in early embryonic development (5). p110ß stimulates cell proliferation, invasive cell growth, and expression is increased in a number of tumors including glioblastomas (6-8).
- Cantley, L.C. (2002) Science 296, 1655-7.
- Simpson, L. and Parsons, R. (2001) Exp Cell Res 264, 29-41.
- Neri, L.M. et al. (2002) Biochim Biophys Acta 1584, 73-80.
- Stoyanov, B. et al. (1995) Science 269, 690-3.
- Okkenhaug, K. and Vanhaesebroeck, B. (2003) Nat Rev Immunol 3, 317-30.
- Czauderna, F. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res 31, 670-82.
- Bénistant, C. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5083-90.
- Knobbe, C.B. and Reifenberger, G. (2003) Brain Pathol 13, 507-18.
- Yoshioka, K. et al. (2012) Nat Med 18, 1560-9. Applications: Western Blotting
- Biswas, K. et al. (2013) J Biol Chem 288, 2325-39. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4249 PI3 Kinase p110α (C73F8) Rabbit mAb
- 4257 PI3 Kinase p85 (19H8) Rabbit mAb
- 4252 PI3 Kinase p110γ Antibody
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.