Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-Met (Tyr1349) Antibody #3121
|3121S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3121||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||145||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Met (Tyr1349) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Met only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 1349. This antibody may cross-react with activated EGF, PDGF, insulin and FGF receptors.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1349 of human Met. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mIMCD-3 cells, untreated or HGF-stimulated (40 ng/ml for 2 minutes), using Phospho-Met (Tyr1349) Antibody (upper) or Met antibody (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from Vero cells, treated with In1B (3 nM) for the indicated times, using Phospho-Met (Tyr1349) Antibody (upper) or Met antibody (lower). In1B is a c-Met activator (Shen, Y. et al. 2000, Cell 103, 501-510). (In1B provided by Dr. K. Ireton, University of Toronto, Canada.)
Met, a high affinity tyrosine kinase receptor for hepatocyte growth factor (HGF, also known as scatter factor) is a disulfide-linked heterodimer made of 45 kDa α- and 145 kDa β-subunits (1,2). The α-subunit and the amino-terminal region of the β-subunit form the extracellular domain. The remainder of the β-chain spans the plasma membrane and contains a cytoplasmic region with tyrosine kinase activity. Interaction of Met with HGF results in autophosphorylation at multiple tyrosines, which recruit several downstream signaling components, including Gab1, c-Cbl, and PI3 kinase (3). These fundamental events are important for all of the biological functions involving Met kinase activity. The addition of a phosphate at cytoplasmic Tyr1003 is essential for Met protein ubiquitination and degradation (4). Phosphorylation at Tyr1234/1235 in the Met kinase domain is critical for kinase activation. Phosphorylation at Tyr1349 in the Met cytoplasmic domain provides a direct binding site for Gab1 (5). Research studies have shown that altered Met levels and/or tyrosine kinase activities are found in several types of tumors, including renal, colon, and breast. Thus, investigators have concluded that Met is an attractive potential cancer therapeutic and diagnostic target (6,7).
- Cooper, C.S. et al. (1984) Nature 311, 29-33.
- Bottaro, D.P. et al. (1991) Science 251, 802-4.
- Bardelli, A. et al. (1997) Oncogene 15, 3103-11.
- Taher, T.E. et al. (2002) J Immunol 169, 3793-800.
- Schaeper, U. et al. (2000) J Cell Biol 149, 1419-32.
- Eder, J.P. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 2207-14.
- Sattler, M. and Salgia, R. (2009) Update Cancer Ther 3, 109-118.
- Palka, H. L. et al. (2003) . J.Biol.Chem. 278 (8), 5728-5735. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Miyata, Y. et al. (2006) Clin Cancer Res 12, 4876-81. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3148 Met (L41G3) Mouse mAb
- 3127 Met (25H2) Mouse mAb
- 4560 Met Antibody
- 3133 Phospho-Met (Tyr1349) (130H2) Rabbit mAb
- 3077 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) (D26) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3129 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 3126 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7242 PathScan® Total Met Sandwich ELISA Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.