Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Neuropilin-1 (D62C6) Rabbit mAb #3725
|W IP||H M||Endogenous||120, 80||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Neuropilin-1 (D39A5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total neuropilin-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a GST-fusion protein corresponding to residues of mouse neuropilin-1.
Class 3 secreted semaphorin (Sema3A) is a chemorepellent that acts upon a wide variety of axons. As such, it induces a dramatic redistribution and depolymerization of actin filaments that results in growth cone collapse. Plexins are single pass, transmembrane signaling proteins encompassing Plexin A1, A2, A3 and A4. Plexins form a complex with neuropilin-1 and -2 and the cell adhesion protein L1 to form a functional semaphorin receptor (1,2). The GTPase Rnd1 binds to the cytoplasmic domain of Plexin A1 to trigger cytoskeletal collapse. In contrast, the GTPase RhoD blocks Rnd1-mediated Plexin A1 activation and repulsion of sympathetic axons by Sema3A (3).
Neuropilin-1, a single pass transmembrane glycoprotein, was originally identified as a semaphorin receptor mediating axon growth cone collapse. In addition, neuropilin-1 is involved in axonal fasciculation, neuronal migration, dendritic guidance and repair of the adult nervous system (4). Neuropilin-1 is also an isoform-specific VEGF receptor on tumor and endothelial cells. Loss of neuropilin-1 function causes vascular remodeling and branching defects, which is compounded by additional loss of neuropilin-2 function (4, 5).
- Pasterkamp, R.J. and Kolodkin, A.L. (2003) Curr Opin Neurobiol 13, 79-89.
- Takahashi, T. and Strittmatter, S.M. (2001) Neuron 29, 429-39.
- Zanata, S.M. et al. (2002) J Neurosci 22, 471-7.
- He, Z. et al. (2002) Sci STKE 2002, RE1.
- Kawasaki, T. et al. (1999) Development 126, 4895-902.
- Takashima, S. et al. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99, 3657-62.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3366 Neuropilin-2 (D39A5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3813 Plexin A1 Antibody
- 3816 Plexin A4 (C5D1) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.