Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SUZ12 (D39F6) XP® Rabbit mAb #3737
|W IP IF-IC ChIP||H M R Mk (Pg) (Hr)||Endogenous||83||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Pg=Pig Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SUZ12 (D39F6) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of SUZ12 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of the human SUZ12 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using SUZ12 (D39F6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells (left) and NTERA2 cells (right) using SUZ12 (D39F6) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mouse embryonic stem cells growing on mouse embryonic fibroblast (MEF) feeder cells using SUZ12 (D39F6) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 NCCIT cells and either 5 µl of SUZ12 (D39F6) XP® Rabbit mAb or 2 µl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human HoxA1 Intron 1 Primers #7707, SimpleChIP® Human HoxA2 Promoter Primers #5517, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin (equivalent to one).
The polycomb group (PcG) proteins contribute to the maintenance of cell identity, stem cell self-renewal, cell cycle regulation and oncogenesis by maintaining the silenced state of genes that promote cell lineage specification, cell death and cell-cycle arrest (1-4). PcG proteins exist in two complexes that cooperate to maintain long-term gene silencing through epigenetic chromatin modifications. The first complex, EED-EZH2, is recruited to genes by DNA-binding transcription factors and methylates histone H3 on Lys27. Methylation of Lys27 facilitates the recruitment of the second complex, PRC1, which ubiquitinylates histone H2A on Lys119 (5). Suppressor of Zeste 12 (SUZ12) is a component of the PRC2 complex, which together with Ezh2 and Eed is absolutely required for histone methyl-transferase activity (6). SUZ12 contains a C2H2 zinc finger domain similar to the zinc finger domains found in sequence-specific DNA binding proteins and may mediate the interaction between EZH2 and nucleosomes (6). SUZ12 is overexpressed in several human tumors, including tumors of the colon, breast and liver (7,8).
- Boyer, L.A. et al. (2006) Nature 441, 349-53.
- Lee, T.I. et al. (2006) Cell 125, 301-13.
- Cao, R. et al. (2002) Science 298, 1039-43.
- Müller, J. et al. (2002) Cell 111, 197-208.
- Wang, H. et al. (2004) Nature 431, 873-8.
- Cao, R. and Zhang, Y. (2004) Mol Cell 15, 57-67.
- Kirmizis, A. et al. (2003) Mol Cancer Ther 2, 113-21.
- Kirmizis, A. et al. (2004) Genes Dev 18, 1592-605.
- Pasini, D. et al. (2010) Nucleic Acids Res 38, 4958-69. Applications: ChIP
- Schmitz, S.U. et al. (2011) EMBO J 30, 4586-600. Applications: ChIP Western Blotting
- Pasini, D. et al. (2010) Nature 464, 306-10. Applications: ChIP
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4905 Ezh2 Antibody
- 3147 Ezh2 (AC22) Mouse mAb
- 2830 Bmi1 Antibody
- 9733 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) (C36B11) Rabbit mAb
- 9756 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) Antibody
- 9755 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) Antibody
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 2650 Histone H3 Antibody (ChIP Formulated)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.