Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) Antibody #3771
|3771L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3771S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3771||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Jak2 only when phosphorylated at Tyr1007/1008. This antibody may cross-react with phospho-Jak1 and phospho-Tyk2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1007/1008 of human Jak2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Members of the Janus family of tyrosine kinases (Jak1, Jak2, Jak3, and Tyk2) are activated by ligands binding to a number of associated cytokine receptors (1). Upon cytokine receptor activation, Jak proteins become autophosphorylated and phosphorylate their associated receptors to provide multiple binding sites for signaling proteins. These associated signaling proteins, such as Stats (2), Shc (3), insulin receptor substrates (4), and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) (5), typically contain SH2 or other phospho-tyrosine-binding domains.
The tyrosine residues 1007/1008 of Jak2 in the putative activation loop are the homologous tyrosine residues 1054/1055 in Tyk2, which are important in the regulation of Tyk2 kinase activity (6).
- Leonard, W.J. and O'Shea, J.J. (1998) Annu Rev Immunol 16, 293-322.
- Darnell, J.E. (1997) Science 277, 1630-5.
- VanderKuur, J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 7587-93.
- Argetsinger, L.S. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 14685-92.
- Zhu, T. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 10682-9.
- Gauzzi, M.C. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 20494-20500.
- Martinez-Moczygemba, M. et al. (2007) J Leukoc Biol 81, 1137-48. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3331 Phospho-Jak1 (Tyr1022/1023) Antibody
- 3332 Jak1 Antibody
- 3774 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr221) Antibody
- 9350 PhosphoPlus® Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody Kit
- 9351 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9363 Stat5 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Jak antibodies produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,658,791) from Chemicon International, Inc.