Product Pathways - Metabolism
HSL Antibody #4107
|4107S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4107||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HSL Antibody detects endogenous levels of total HSL protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human HSL. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
HSL (hormone-sensitive lipase) catalyzes the hydrolysis of triacylglycerol, the rate-limiting step in lipolysis. Lipolytic stimuli activate adenylyl cyclase and thus increase intracellular cAMP levels, which in turn activate protein kinase A (PKA). PKA phosphorylates HSL at Ser563, Ser659 and Ser660, which stimulates HSL activity (1,2). In contrast, AMPK phosphorylates HSL at Ser565, which reduces HSL phosphorylation at Ser563 by PKA and inhibits HSL activity (2,3). Recent work indicates that phosphorylation at Ser600 by p44/42 MAPKs also enhances the enzymatic activity of HSL (4).
- Aboulaich, N. et al. (2011) Diabetes 60, 757-65. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Loo, L.H. et al. (2009) J Cell Biol 187, 375-84. Applications: Western Blotting, IF-IC (In Cells).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4139 Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 2138 ATGL Antibody
- 2439 ATGL (30A4) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
BODIPY® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.