Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MKK7 Antibody #4172
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||48||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MKK7 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MKK7. This antibody does not cross-react with SEK1/MKK4, MEK1/2 or other MAP kinase kinases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal residues of human MKK7. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
MKK7 is a MAP kinase kinase that serves as a specific activator of the SAPK/JNK pathway (1,2). MKK7 is strongly activated by TNF-α, as well as other environmental stresses, whereas SEK1/MKK4, which activates both p38 and SAPK/JNK pathways, is not activated by TNF-α (2). Sequence alignment of the activation loop of the MAP kinase kinase family members indicates that Ser271 and Thr275 are potential phosphorylation sites that are crucial for the kinase acivity.
- Tournier, C. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 1569-1581.
- Moriguchi, T. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 7045-7053.
- Zapata, H.J. et al. (2007) J Virol 81, 977-90. Applications: Western Blotting
- Ngai, S. et al. (2010) FEBS J 277, 119-27. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4171 Phospho-MKK7 (Ser271/Thr275) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.