Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
TESK1 (D49D4) Rabbit mAb #4655
|4655S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4655||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
TESK1 (D49D4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total TESK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy terminal residues of human TESK1 protein.
Testis-specific kinase 1 (TESK1) is a LIMK-related protein kinase originally identified to be expressed highly in testes and subsequently shown to be expressed in a wide variety of tissues and cell types (1-4). TESK1 phosphorylates the actin severing protein cofilin at Ser3, inactivating cofilin and thus regulating the organization of the actin cytoskeleton (2). Integrin signaling activates TESK1 activity and leads to stress fiber formation and cell spreading (2,5,6). TESK1 is involved in regulation of ERK signaling through its interaction with Spry2 (7) and regulation of cell spreading through its interaction with the focal adhesion protein actopaxin/α-parvin (5).
- Toshima, J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 31331-7.
- Toshima, J. et al. (2001) Mol Biol Cell 12, 1131-45.
- Toshima, J. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 31449-58.
- Toshima, J. et al. (2001) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 286, 566-73.
- LaLonde, D.P. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 21680-8.
- Tsumura, Y. et al. (2005) Biochem J 387, 627-37.
- Chandramouli, S. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 1679-91.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3311 Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) Antibody
- 3313 Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) (77G2) Rabbit mAb
- 3312 Cofilin Antibody
- 3318 Cofilin (D59) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.