Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb #4820
|W IP IF-F IF-IC F ChIP||H M R Hm Mk Dm||Endogenous||43||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey Dm=D. melanogaster
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total CREB protein. This antibody cross-reacts with ATF-1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a full length GST-CREB fusion protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of SH-SY5Y cells, using CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb Antibody (blue) compared to concentration matched Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of SH-SY5Y cells using CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mouse brain using CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb (green) and β3-Tubulin (TU-20) Mouse mAb #4466 (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 293 cells treated with Forskolin #3828 (30 µM) and either 10 μl of CREB (D76D11) XP® Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human ALS2 exon 1 primers, SimpleChIP® Human Nr4A3 Promoter Primers #4829, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
CREB is a bZIP transcription factor that activates target genes through cAMP response elements. CREB is able to mediate signals from numerous physiological stimuli, resulting in regulation of a broad array of cellular responses. While CREB is expressed in numerous tissues, it plays a large regulatory role in the nervous system. CREB is believed to play a key role in promoting neuronal survival, precursor proliferation, neurite outgrowth, and neuronal differentiation in certain neuronal populations (1-3). Additionally, CREB signaling is involved in learning and memory in several organisms (4-6). CREB is able to selectively activate numerous downstream genes through interactions with different dimerization partners. CREB is activated by phosphorylation at Ser133 by various signaling pathways including Erk, Ca2+, and stress signaling. Some of the kinases involved in phosphorylating CREB at Ser133 are p90RSK, MSK, CaMKIV, and MAPKAPK-2 (7-9).
- Lonze, B.E. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 371-85.
- Lee, M.M. et al. (1999) J Neurosci Res 55, 702-12.
- Redmond, L. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 999-1010.
- Dash, P.K. et al. (1990) Nature 345, 718-21.
- Yin, J.C. et al. (1994) Cell 79, 49-58.
- Guzowski, J.F. and McGaugh, J.L. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 2693-8.
- Xing, J. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 1946-55.
- Ribar, T.J. et al. (2000) J Neurosci 20, RC107.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 4629-42.
- Peeters, A. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 42162-79. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4276 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (D1G6) Rabbit mAb
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 3356 Phospho-CaMKII (Tyr231) Antibody
- 3357 CaMKII-α Antibody
- 2274 MELK Antibody
- 4781 Phospho-PKA C (Thr197) Antibody
- 4782 PKA C-α Antibody
- 9326 p90RSK Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 3489 MSK1 (C27B2) Rabbit mAb
- 9595 Phospho-MSK1 (Thr581) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.