Product Pathways - Adhesion
Ajuba Antibody #4897
|W IP F||H M Mk B (R)||Endogenous||55||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ajuba Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Ajuba protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human Ajuba. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MEF -/- cells rescued with a construct overexpressing Ajuba (lane 1), MEF -/- cells (lane 2), MEF +/+ cells (lane 3) and P19 cells (lane 4), using Ajuba Antibody. (Kindly provided by Dr. Gregory D. Longmore, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri.)
Western blot analysis of extracts from P19 cells (lane 1) and COS-7 cells transfected with Ajuba (lane 2), using Ajuba Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of COS cells, using Ajuba antibody (blue) compared to a non-specifc negative control antibody (red).
Ajuba belongs to the Zyxin/Ajuba family, members of which include LIMD1, LPP, Trip6 and Zyxin. Three LIM domains at the carboxy-terminus characterize this family of proteins. Zyxin/Ajuba family members associate with the actin cytoskeleton, are components of both cell-cell junction adhesive complex and integrin-mediated adhesive complex, and shuttle in and out of the nucleus (1). Ajuba is involved in Rac activation during cell migration and activates Aurora A in order to commit to mitosis (2-3). Ajuba and its family members also have an amino-terminal proline-rich pre-LIM region, and Ajuba augments ERK activation in a Ras-dependent manner (4).
- Feng, Y. and Longmore, G.D. (2005) Mol. Cell Biol. 25, 4010-4022.
- Pratt, S. J. et al. (2005) J. Cell Biol. 168, 813-824.
- Hirota, T. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 585-598.
- Goyal, R. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell Biol. 19, 4379-4389.
- Montoya-Durango, D.E. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 32056-65. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 9564 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 2465 Rac1/2/3 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.