Product Pathways - Metabolism
Fetuin A (F180) Antibody #5258
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Fetuin A (F180) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total fetuin A protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe180 of human fetuin A protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Fetuin A is produced by liver and secreted to plasma, and selectively concentrated in bone matrix. It is synthesized as a precursor and processed to generate 2 chains that are held together by a disulfide bond. It is a systemically acting calcification inhibitor (1). Reduced level of fetuin A in serum is associated with increased cardiovascular mortality in dialysis patients (2,3). Fetuin A can inhibit insulin-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of the insulin receptor tyrosine kinase and insulin receptor substrate-1 (4). Fetuin A deficient mice show high insulin sensitivity and high levels of serum fetuin A are associated with insulin resistance in humans (5,6).
- Schafer, C. et al. (2003) J Clin Invest 112, 357-66.
- Westenfeld, R. et al. (2007) Trends Cardiovasc Med 17, 124-8.
- Westenfeld, R. et al. (2009) J Am Soc Nephrol 20, 1264-74.
- Auberger, P. et al. (1989) Cell 58, 631-40.
- Mathews, S.T. et al. (2002) Diabetes 51, 2450-8.
- Stefan, N. et al. (2006) Diabetes Care 29, 853-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.