Product Pathways - Phosphatases
Phospho-CTDSPL2 (Ser104) Antibody #5294
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||61||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-CTDSPL2 (Ser104) Antibody detects endogenous levels of CTDSPL2 only when phosphorylated at Ser104.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser104 of human CTDSPL2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CTD small phosphatase-like protein 2 (CTDSPL2, HSPC129) is a putative RNA-polymerase II carboxy-terminal domain (CTD) phosphatase (1) that belongs to a small subfamily of CTD phosphatases (2). The CTD of RNA polymerase II contains multiple Y-S-P-T-S-P-S repeats that are phosphorylated during the transcription cycle (3,4). In general, CTD phosphatases regulate the reversible CTD phosphorylation state of RNA-polymerase II at several stages of RNA synthesis and during post-transcriptional modification (4-6). CTDSPL2 has several structural and functional similarities to other CTD phosphatases, including FCP1, SCP1, DULLARD, and UBLCP1 (1,2).
Phosphorylation of CTDSPL2 at Ser104 was identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PhosphoScan®, CST's LC-MS/MS platform for phosphorylation site discovery (7). The site was independently found in select carcinoma cell lines and in tumors (8).
- Qian, H. et al. (2007) Mol Cell Biochem 303, 183-8.
- Kim, Y. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104, 6596-601.
- Corden, J.L. et al. (1985) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 82, 7934-8.
- Ahn, S.H. et al. (2004) Mol Cell 13, 67-76.
- Dahmus, M.E. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 19009-12.
- Goodrich, J.A. and Tjian, R. (1994) Cell 77, 145-56.
- Rush, J. et al. (2005) Nat Biotechnol 23, 94-101.
- Dephoure, N. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 105, 10762-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.