Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
ApoM (8F12) Mouse mAb #5709
|W IP||H (M) (R)||Endogenous||21, 25||Mouse IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ApoM (8F12) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of both unglycosylated and glycosylated ApoM protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a purified recombinant fragment of human ApoM protein.
Apolipoproteins are plasma lipoproteins that function as transporters of lipids and cholesterol in the circulatory system. Chylomicrons are a fundamental class of apolipoproteins containing very low-density lipoproteins (VLDL), intermediate-density lipoproteins (IDL), low-density lipoproteins (LDL), and high-density lipoproteins (HDL) (1,2).
Apolipoprotein M (ApoM) is a novel membrane bound apolipoprotein involved in lipid transport. ApoM primarily interacts with HDL and regulates its metabolism (3). It is highly expressed in hepatocytes and kidney proximal tubule cells. Recently, ApoM was shown to act as a vasculoprotective constituent of HDL by delivering S1P to the S1P receptor on endothelial cells (4). SNPs of ApoM have been associated with type 2 diabetes (5).
- Kwiterovich, P.O. (2000) Am J Cardiol 86, 5L-10L.
- Hussain, M.M. (2000) Atherosclerosis 148, 1-15.
- Xu, N. and Dahlbäck, B. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 31286-90.
- Christoffersen, C. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 9613-8.
- Zhou, J.W. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e17324.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5700 ApoA4 (1D6B6) Mouse mAb
- 3350 ApoA1 (5F4) Mouse mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.