Product Pathways - Translational Control
Miwi (D92B7) XP® Rabbit mAb #6915
|W IP IF-F||M (H) (R)||Endogenous||90||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Miwi (D92B7) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Miwi protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly81 of mouse Miwi protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse testis and mouse brain using Miwi (D92B7) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (13E5) Rabbit mAb #4970 (lower).
The Drosophila piwi gene was identified as being required for the self-renewal of germline stem cells (1). Piwi homologs are well conserved among various species including Arabidopsis, C. elegans, and Homo sapiens (1). Both Miwi and Mili proteins are mouse homologs of Piwi and contain a C-terminal Piwi domain (2). Miwi and Mili bind to Piwi-interacting RNAs (piRNAs) in male germ cells and are essential for spermatogenesis in mice (3-5).
- Cox, D.N. et al. (1998) Genes Dev 12, 3715-27.
- Kuramochi-Miyagawa, S. et al. (2001) Mech Dev 108, 121-33.
- Aravin, A. et al. (2006) Nature 442, 203-7.
- Grivna, S.T. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103, 13415-20.
- Grivna, S.T. et al. (2006) Genes Dev 20, 1709-14.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2025 Miwi (D478) Antibody
- 2079 Miwi (G82) Antibody
- 2071 Mili Antibody
- 2897 Argonaute 2 (C34C6) Rabbit mAb
- 4049 THEX1 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.