Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-ALK (Tyr1278) (D59G10) Rabbit mAb #6941
|W IP||H||Endogenous||80 (NPM-ALK); 220 (ALK)||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-ALK (Tyr1278) (D59G10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of ALK only when phosphorylated at Tyr1278, which is equivalent to Tyr338 of NPM-ALK. This antibody also reacts with leukocyte tyrosine kinase (LTK) phosphorylated at Tyr672, and may cross-react with other activated protein tyrosine kinases such as EGFR.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1278 of human ALK protein.
Anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) is a tyrosine kinase receptor for pleiotrophin (PTN), a growth factor involved in embryonic brain development (1-3). In ALK-expressing cells, PTN induces phosphorylation of both ALK and the downstream effectors IRS-1, Shc, PLCγ, and PI3 kinase (1). ALK was originally discovered as a nucleophosmin (NPM)-ALK fusion protein produced by a translocation (4). Investigators have found that the NPM-ALK fusion protein is a constitutively active, oncogenic tyrosine kinase associated with anaplastic lymphoma (4). Research literature suggests that activation of PLCγ by NPM-ALK may be a crucial step for its mitogenic activity and involved in the pathogenesis of anaplastic lymphomas (5).A distinct ALK oncogenic fusion protein involving ALK and echinoderm microtubule-associated protein like 4 (EML4) has been described in the research literature from a non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cell line, with corresponding fusion transcripts present in some cases of lung adenocarcinoma. The short, amino-terminal region of the microtubule-associated protein EML4 is fused to the kinase domain of ALK (6-8).
Phosphorylation of ALK on Tyr1278 was identified at Cell Signaling Technology using PTMScan® technology, a proprietary LC-MS/MS method for phosphorylation site discovery. Phosphorylation of ALK at Tyr1278 was observed in select carcinoma cell lines and in tumors (6).
- Stoica, G.E. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 16772-9.
- Iwahara, T. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 439-49.
- Morris, S.W. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 2175-88.
- Morris, S.W. et al. (1994) Science 263, 1281-4.
- Bai, R.Y. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 6951-61.
- Rikova, K. et al. (2007) Cell 131, 1190-203.
- Takeuchi, K. et al. (2008) Clin Cancer Res 14, 6618-24.
- Soda, M. et al. (2007) Nature 448, 561-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3333 ALK (C26G7) Rabbit mAb
- 3791 ALK (31F12) Mouse mAb
- 3983 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1278/1282/1283) Antibody
- 4143 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1096) Antibody
- 3341 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1604) Antibody
- 3348 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1586) (3B4) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.