Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1196) (D66B7) Rabbit mAb #6942
|6942S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|6942||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1196) D66B7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of HER2/ErbB2 protein only when phosphorylated at Tyr1196. The antibody may detect other activated ErbB family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1196 of human HER2/ErbB2 protein.
The ErbB2 (HER2) proto-oncogene encodes a 185 kDa transmembrane, receptor-like glycoprotein with intrinsic tyrosine kinase activity (1). While ErbB2 lacks an identified ligand, ErbB2 kinase activity can be activated in the absence of a ligand when overexpressed and through heteromeric associations with other ErbB family members (2). Amplification of the ErbB2 gene and overexpression of its product are detected in almost 40% of human breast cancers (3). Binding of the c-Cbl ubiquitin ligase to ErbB2 at Tyr1112 leads to ErbB2 poly-ubiquitination and enhances degradation of this kinase (4). ErbB2 is a key therapeutic target in the treatment of breast cancer and other carcinomas and targeting the regulation of ErbB2 degradation by the c-Cbl-regulated proteolytic pathway is one potential therapeutic strategy. Phosphorylation of the kinase domain residue Tyr877 of ErbB2 (homologous to Tyr416 of pp60c-Src) may be involved in regulating ErbB2 biological activity. The major autophosphorylation sites in ErbB2 are Tyr1248 and Tyr1221/1222; phosphorylation of these sites couples ErbB2 to the Ras-Raf-MAP kinase signal transduction pathway (1,5).
The autophosphorylation of HER/ErbB2 at Tyr1196 mediates HER2/ErbB2 association with Crk protein and leads to Ras-independent downstream Erk acitvation (6). HER2/ErbB2 phosphorylation at Tyr1196 has been coupled to cell migration and polarity disruption (7,8).
- Muthuswamy, S.K. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 6845-57.
- Qian, X. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 1500-4.
- Dittadi, R. and Gion, M. (2000) J Natl Cancer Inst 92, 1443-4.
- Klapper, L.N. et al. (2000) Cancer Res 60, 3384-8.
- Kwon, Y.K. et al. (1997) J Neurosci 17, 8293-9.
- Dankort, D. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 1540-51.
- Marone, R. et al. (2004) Nat Cell Biol 6, 515-22.
- Lucs, A.V. et al. (2010) Oncogene 29, 174-87.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2165 HER2/ErbB2 (29D8) Rabbit mAb
- 4290 HER2/ErbB2 (D8F12) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2243 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb
- 2248 HER2/ErbB2 (44E7) Mouse mAb
- 2241 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr877) Antibody
- 2244 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1248)/EGFR (Tyr1173) Antibody
- 2247 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1248) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.