Product Pathways - Apoptosis
SQSTM1/p62 (D10E10) Rabbit mAb (IF Preferred) #7695
|IP IF-IC||H||Endogenous||62||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SQSTM1/p62 (D10E10) Rabbit mAb (IF Preferred) is recommended to detect endogenous levels of total SQSTM1/p62 protein by immunofluorescence. Products SQSTM1/p62 (D5E2) Rabbit mAb #8025 and SQSTM1/p62 Antibody #5114 are preferred for western blot.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human SQSTM1/p62 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using SQSTM1/p62 (D10E10) Rabbit mAb (IF Preferred).
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-MEL-2 cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-) or SignalSilence® SQSTM1/p62 siRNA II #6399 (+), using SQSTM1/p62 (D10E10) Rabbit mAb (IF Preferred) (upper) or α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125 (lower). The SQSTM1/p62 (D10E10) Rabbit mAb (IF Preferred) confirms silencing of SQSTM1/p62 expression, while the α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb is used as a loading control.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-MEL-2 cells, untreated (-) or starved overnight in Earle's Balanced Salt Solution (EBSS) (+), using SQSTM1/p62 (D10E10) Rabbit mAb (IF Preferred).
Sequestosome 1 (SQSTM1, p62) is a ubiquitin binding protein involved in cell signaling, oxidative stress, and autophagy (1-4). It was first identified as a protein that binds to the SH2 domain of p56Lck (5), and independently found to interact with PKCζ (6,7). SQSTM1 was subsequently found to interact with ubiquitin, providing a scaffold for several signaling proteins and triggering degradation of proteins through the proteasome or lysosome (8). Interaction between SQSTM1 and TRAF6 leads to the K63-linked polyubiquitination of TRAF6 and subsequent activation of the NF-κB pathway (9). Protein aggregates formed by SQSTM1 can be degraded by the autophagosome (4,10,11). SQSTM1 binds autophagosomal membrane protein LC3/Atg8, bringing SQSTM1-containing protein aggregates to the autophagosome (12). Lysosomal degradation of autophagosomes leads to a decrease in SQSTM1 levels during autophagy; conversely, autophagy inhibitors stabilize SQSTM1 levels. Studies have demonstrated a link between SQSTM1 and oxidative stress. SQSTM1 interacts with KEAP1, which is a cytoplasmic inhibitor of NRF2, a key transcription factor involved in cellular responses to oxidative stress (3). Thus, accumulation of SQSTM1 can lead to an increase in NRF2 activity.
- Kirkin, V. et al. (2009) Mol Cell 34, 259-69.
- Seibenhener, M.L. et al. (2007) FEBS Lett 581, 175-9.
- Komatsu, M. et al. (2010) Nat Cell Biol 12, 213-23.
- Bjørkøy, G. et al. (2006) Autophagy 2, 138-9.
- Joung, I. et al. (1996) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93, 5991-5.
- Sanchez, P. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 3069-80.
- Puls, A. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 6191-6.
- Vadlamudi, R.K. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 20235-7.
- Wooten, M.W. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 35625-9.
- Bjørkøy, G. et al. (2005) J Cell Biol 171, 603-14.
- Komatsu, M. et al. (2007) Cell 131, 1149-63.
- Pankiv, S. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 24131-45.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8025 SQSTM1/p62 (D5E2) Rabbit mAb
- 5114 SQSTM1/p62 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.