Product Pathways - Neuroscience
NCS1 (D12D2) XP® Rabbit mAb #8237
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Hm Mk||Endogenous||21||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NCS1 (D12D2) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total NCS1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to human NCS1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse brain, rat brain, and human cerebellum using NCS1 (D12D2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
According to affinity and function, calcium-binding proteins are separated into two classes: calcium buffers and calcium sensors. Calmodulin is a well-studied calcium sensor with well-established roles in synaptic plasticity. Neuronal calcium-sensor 1 (NCS1) is also a member of the calcium sensor family, however, its role in synaptic plasticity remains under investigation. NCS1 contains multiple EF-hand calcium-binding motifs and an amino-terminal myristoyl group (1). NCS1 has a large number of binding partners. Most of these protein interactions are calcium-dependent (e.g. dopamine D2 receptor), although some are calcium-independent (e.g. IP3 receptor) (2). In murine dentate gyrus, NCS1 promotes synaptic plasticity and rapid acquisition of spatial memory (3).
- Amici, M. et al. (2009) Biochem Soc Trans 37, 1359-63.
- Burgoyne, R.D. (2007) Nat Rev Neurosci 8, 182-93.
- Saab, B.J. et al. (2009) Neuron 63, 643-56.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.