Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-FoxO1 (Thr24)/FoxO3a (Thr32) Antibody #9464
|9464L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9464S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9464P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9464||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||78 to 82, 95||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Fox01 (Thr24)/Fox03a (Thr32) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Fox01/Fox03a only when phosphorylated at threonine 24 of Fox01 or threonine 32 of Fox03a. The antibody cross-reacts with phosphorylated Fox04 at threonine 28, but not with Fox01 family members phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr28 of human Fox04. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Forkhead family of transcription factors is involved in tumorigenesis of rhabdomyosarcoma and acute leukemias (1-3). Within the family, three members (FoxO1, FoxO4, and FoxO3a) have sequence similarity to the nematode orthologue DAF-16, which mediates signaling via a pathway involving IGFR1, PI3K, and Akt (4-6). Active forkhead members act as tumor suppressors by promoting cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Increased expression of any FoxO member results in the activation of the cell cycle inhibitor p27 Kip1. Forkhead transcription factors also play a part in TGF-β-mediated upregulation of p21 Cip1, a process negatively regulated through PI3K (7). Increased proliferation results when forkhead transcription factors are inactivated through phosphorylation by Akt at Thr24, Ser256, and Ser319, which results in nuclear export and inhibition of transcription factor activity (8). Forkhead transcription factors can also be inhibited by the deacetylase sirtuin (SirT1) (9).
- Anderson, M.J. et al. (1998) Genomics 47, 187-99.
- Galili, N. et al. (1993) Nat Genet 5, 230-5.
- Borkhardt, A. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 195-202.
- Nakae, J. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 15982-5.
- Rena, G. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 17179-83.
- Guo, S. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 17184-92.
- Seoane, J. et al. (2004) Cell 117, 211-23.
- Arden, K.C. (2004) Mol Cell 14, 416-8.
- Yang, Y. et al. (2005) EMBO J 24, 1021-32.
- Camper-Kirby, D. et al. (2001) Circ Res 88, 1020-7.
- Komatsu, N. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 278 (8), 6411-6419. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Mahmud, D. L. et al. (2002) . Oncogene 21, 1556-1562. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Richards, J. S. et al. (2002) Expression of FKHR, FKHRL1 and AFX genes in the rodent ovary: Evidence for regulation by IGF-I, estrogen, and the gonadotropins. Mol. Endoc. 16 (3), 580-599. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Stahl, M. et al. (2002) . J. Immunol. 168, 5024-5031. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Dinulescu, D.M. et al. (2005) Nat Med 11, 63-70. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Mihaylova, M.M. et al. (2011) Cell 145, 607-21. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ramadani, F. et al. (2010) Sci Signal 3, ra60. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 9461 Phospho-FoxO1 (Ser256) Antibody
- 9471 Phospho-FoxO4 (Ser193) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.