Custom Conjugation Services
Download a Post Translational Modification of Amino Acids Poster
Need a conjugated antibody that isn't in the catalog? We can conjugate it for you.
- Validated, optimized, and tested for stability with the same standards of the conjugated antibodies available in the catalog
- Save time and avoid the pitfalls associated with do-it-yourself kits
- Need to validate the conjugated antibody yourself? We also offer faster, lower-cost basic conjugation services
Contact us for more information.
Conjugation Services available:
|Conjugation Type||Service Tier||Service Includes|
|Alexa Fluor®, Cyanine (CyDye®), DyLight™, and Pacific Blue™ dyes||Basic||Conjugation + removal of free dye|
|Tier I||Degree of labeling (DOL) + Basic Service|
|Tier II||Validation1 + Tier I Service|
|Tier III||Stability testing + Tier II Service|
|Phycoerythrin (PE), PE-CyDye® tandems (e.g. PE-Cy®7), and allophycocyanin (APC)||Basic||Conjugation + purification|
|Tier I||Validation1 + Basic Service|
|Tier II||Stability testing + Tier I Service|
|Biotin||Basic||Conjugation + removal of free biotin|
|Tier I||Validation2 + Basic Service|
|Beads: Sepharose® and Magnetic||Basic||Conjugation + removal of free antibody|
|Tier I||Validation3 + Basic Service|
|Horseradish peroxidase (HRP)||Basic||Conjugation + Purification|
|Tier I||Validation2 + Basic Service|
1 Standard validation application method is Flow Cytometry. Alternatives may increase timeline and pricing.
2 Standard validation application method is Western Blot. Alternatives may increase timeline and pricing.
3 Standard validation application method is IP. Alternatives may increase timeline and pricing.
The Alexa Fluor dye conjugates in this product are sold under license from Life Technologies Corporation, for research use only excluding use in combination with DNA microarrays and high content screening (HCS). Alexa Fluor is a registered trademark of Life Technologies, Inc. Cy, Cy7, CyDye, and Sepharose are registered trademarks of GE Healthcare. Pacific Blue is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc. Dylight is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Flexibility: Tiered options range from basic antibody conjugation to full validation and stability testing of conjugates
- Validation: Conjugates are tested in key applications using biologically relevant cell systems and controls, and verified for physical integrity using size exclusion chromatography
- Optimization: Service options include choice of conjugation chemistries, removal of free dye and/or antibody purification, and identification of optimal degree of labeling (DOL) to ensure the best signal-to-noise ratio
- Support: Application consultation and extensive technical support from the same scientists who produce and validate our commercially available antibody conjugates
The following data illustrate performance of CST conjugated antibodies in a variety of applications. Note that the antibodies shown below are commercially available off-the-shelf; the same team of scientists performs conjugation and validation of both off-the-shelf and custom products.
Flow cytometric analysis of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells, untreated (left column) or treated with cross-linked anti-CD3 plus anti-CD28 (10 µg/ml each, 15 min; right column), using Phospho-SLP-76 (Ser376) (D7S1K) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #16318 (top row) or concentration-matched Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (PE Conjugate) #5742 (bottom row), and co-stained with an antibody against CD3.
Flow cytometric analysis of PC-3 cells, untreated (green) or treated with LY294002 #9901 and Wortmannin #9951 (blue), using Phospho-GSK-3Β (Ser9) (D85E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) #14332.
Western blot analysis of NF-κB Control Cell Extracts #9243 from HeLa cells, untreated (-) or treated with hTNF-α #8902, (20 ng/ml, 5 min., +), using Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) #4025.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mouse primary bone marrow-derived macrophages (BMDMs) differentiated with mM-CSF (20 ng/mL, 8 days), and then either treated with LPS (50 ng/mL, overnight; left), or LPS (50 ng/mL, overnight) followed by Nigericin (10 uM, 2 hr; right), using ASC (D2W8U) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Specific) (Alexa® 488 Conjugate) #17507 (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye). Note the translocation of ASC to inflammasomes following stimulation with LPS and Nigericin (white arrows).