- Be confident in your results with a highly sensitive and specific antibody that detects endogenous CD36
- Robust performance in IHC-P and WB
- Lot-to-lot consistency and reproducibility
IHC: CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb #14347 is more specific and sensitive than another CD36 clone.
IHC analysis of paraffin-embedded CD36 negative (Jurkat) and CD36 positive (U-937) cell pellets using CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb #14347 and two dilutions of CD36 clone FA6-152.
- CST CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb #14347 gives expected membrane staining in CD36 positive cells and no staining in CD36 negative cells, demonstrating that this antibody recognizes CD36.
- At a concentration of 10 μg/ml, clone FA6-152 shows only cytoplasmic (non-membrane) staining in both CD36 positive and CD36 negative cells, demonstrating that it is not specific for CD36.
- At a concentration of 2.5 μg/ml, clone FA6-152 shows very little staining in the CD36 negative cells. However, the signal is also significantly reduced in the CD36 positive cells and does not show any staining at the membrane.
WB: CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb #14347 specifically detects endogenous CD36 better than clone FA6-152
WB analysis of extracts from various cell lines using CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb (upper), clone FA6-152 (middle), and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower). Expression of CD36 was induced in the THP-1 cell line using TPA #4174 (80 nm, 16 hrs).
- CST CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb #14347 detects bands at the appropriate molecular weight span for CD36 in U-937 and THP-1 cells, which are known to have CD36 expression, while also detecting a stronger band in TPA-treated THP-1 cells, demonstrating that #14347 is specific for CD36 and sensitive to endogenous levels.
- As expected, #14347 does not detect CD36 protein in Ramos or Jurkat cells, demonstrating that #14347 is specific for CD36.
- Clone FA6-152 does not detect protein in either the CD36 positive cells or the CD36 negative cells, demonstrating that clone FA6-152 does not detect endogenous CD36 at a standard concentration.
WB: CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb #14347 specifically detects transfected CD36 with more sensitivity than clone FA6-152
WB analysis of 10 μg of lysate from mock transfected 293T cells (-) or 10, 1, or 0.1 μg of lysate from 293T cells transfected with a construct expressing DDK-tagged full-length human CD36 protein (hCD36-DDK; +), using CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb (left) and clone FA6-152 (right).
- CST CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb #14347 detects strong bands at the appropriate molecular weight span for transfected human CD36 protein with a signal relevant to the quantity of lysate loaded, demonstrating that #14347 specifically detects transfected CD36 with sensitivity to different protein levels.
- Clone FA6-152 detects slight bands of transfected CD36, with a much lower sensitivity than CST antibody #14347.