Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
SGK1 (D27C11) Rabbit mAb #12103
|12103S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12103||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
SGK1 (D27C11) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SGK1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with SGK2 or SGK3.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly420 of human SGK1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-MEL-28, SK-MEL-5, and HSG cells using SGK1 (D27C11) Rabbit mAb.
Serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase (SGK) is a serine/threonine kinase closely related to Akt (1). SGK is rapidly induced in response to a variety of stimuli, including serum, glucocorticoid, follicle stimulating hormone, osmotic shock, and mineralocorticoids. SGK activation can be accomplished via HGF PI3K-dependent pathways and by integrin-mediated PI3K-independent pathways (2,3). Induction and activation of SGK has been implicated in activating the modulation of anti-apoptotic and cell cycle regulation (4-6). SGK also plays an important role in activating certain potassium, sodium, and chloride channels, suggesting its involvement in the regulation of processes such as cell survival, neuronal excitability, and renal sodium excretion (2). SGK is negatively regulated by ubiquitination and proteasome degradation (7).
In addition to its membrane channel and carrier functions, SGK1 also regulates a broad range of targets, such as GSK-3, NEDD4, iNOS, AMPAR, PSD95, Tau, NF-κB, CREB, and FKHR-L1 (8,9).
- Webster, M.K. et al. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 2031-40.
- Kobayashi, T. and Cohen, P. (1999) Biochem J 339 ( Pt 2), 319-28.
- Park, J. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 3024-33.
- Brunet, A. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 952-65.
- Mikosz, C.A. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 16649-54.
- Hayashi, M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 8631-4.
- Brickley, D.R. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 43064-70.
- Lang, F. et al. (2009) Expert Opin Ther Targets 13, 1303-11.
- Lang, F. et al. (2010) J Physiol 588, 3349-54.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 8573 SGK3 (D42C2) Rabbit mAb
- 5642 Phospho-SGK3 (Thr320) (D30E6) Rabbit mAb
- 7499 SGK2 (D7G1) Rabbit mAb
- 5599 Phospho-SGK1 (Ser78) (D36D11) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.