Product Pathways - DNA Damage
ERCC1 (D6G6) XP® Rabbit mAb #12345
|12345S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12345P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12345||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||39||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
ERCC1 (D6G6) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ERCC1 protein. This antibody also detects ERCC1 splice variants around 30 kDa.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human ERCC1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using ERCC1 (D6G6) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using ERCC1 (D6G6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using ERCC1 (D6G6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
DNA repair systems operate in all living cells to manage a variety of DNA lesions. Nucleotide excision repair (NER) is implemented in cases where bulky helix-distorting lesions occur, such as those brought about by UV and certain chemicals (1). Excision Repair Cross Complementing 1 (ERCC1) forms a complex with ERCC4/XPF, which acts as the 5’ endonuclease required to excise the lesion (2). ERCC1-XPF is also required for repair of DNA interstrand crosslinks (ICLs) (3) and involved in repair of double strand breaks (4). Research studies have shown that expression of ERCC1 is related to survival rate and response to chemotherapeutic drugs in several human cancers including non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) (5,6).
- Shuck, S.C. et al. (2008) Cell Res 18, 64-72.
- McDaniel, L.D. and Schultz, R.A. (2008) Adv Exp Med Biol 637, 65-82.
- Niedernhofer, L.J. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 5776-87.
- Ahmad, A. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 5082-92.
- Zheng, Z. et al. (2007) N Engl J Med 356, 800-8.
- Gossage, L. and Madhusudan, S. (2007) Cancer Treat Rev 33, 565-77.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5437 ERCC1 (D61F5) Rabbit mAb
- 3885 ERCC1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.