Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-Src (Ser17) (D7F2Q) Rabbit mAb #12432
|12432S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12432||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||60||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Src (Ser17) (D7F2Q) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of Src protein only when phosphorylated at Ser17.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser17 of human Src protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, untreated (-) or treated (+) with λ phosphatase and calf intestinal phosphatase (CIP), using Phospho-Src (Ser17) (D7F2Q) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Src (32G6) Rabbit mAb #2123 (lower).
Immunoprecipitation of phospho-Src (Ser17) from 293T cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or Phospho-Src (Ser17) (D7F2Q) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using Phospho-Src (Ser17) (D7F2Q) Rabbit mAb. A light-chain specific antibody was used as a secondary antibody.
The Src family of protein tyrosine kinases, which includes Src, Lyn, Fyn, Yes, Lck, Blk, and Hck, are important in the regulation of growth and differentiation of eukaryotic cells (1). Src activity is regulated by tyrosine phosphorylation at two sites, but with opposing effects. While phosphorylation at Tyr416 in the activation loop of the kinase domain upregulates enzyme activity, phosphorylation at Tyr527 in the carboxy-terminal tail by Csk renders the enzyme less active (2).
Protein kinase A (PKA)-dependent phosphorylation of Src at Ser17 is thought to influence multiple signaling networks (3-5). This site has also been identified in a phospho-proteomic screen for substrates of mTOR (6).
- Thomas, S.M. and Brugge, J.S. (1997) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 13, 513-609.
- Hunter, T. (1987) Cell 49, 1-4.
- Schmitt, J.M. and Stork, P.J. (2002) Mol Cell 9, 85-94.
- Abrahamsen, H. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 17170-7.
- Obara, Y. et al. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 6085-94.
- Hsu, P.P. et al. (2011) Science 332, 1317-22.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2123 Src (32G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2109 Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.