Product Pathways - Protein Stability
Ubiquitin E3 Ligase Complex Antibody Sampler Kit #12724
|12724S||1 Kit (8 x 40 µl)||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||Homology†||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|CUL4A Antibody #2699||40 µl||W, IP||H, Mk||80, 82||Rabbit|
|CYLD (D6O5O) Rabbit mAb #12797||40 µl||W||H, M, R, Hm, Mk||109||Rabbit IgG|
|DDB-1 (D4C8) Rabbit mAb #6998||40 µl||W||H, M, R, Mk||C, B||127||Rabbit IgG|
|DDB-2 (D4C4) Rabbit mAb #5416||40 µl||W||H, M||R, Mk||43||Rabbit IgG|
|RBX1 (D3J5I) Rabbit mAb #11922||40 µl||W, IP, IHC-P||H, M, R, Mk||13||Rabbit IgG|
|Skp1 (D3J4N) Rabbit mAb #12248||40 µl||W, IP||H, M, R, Mk||Z||19||Rabbit IgG|
|Skp2 (D3G5) XP® Rabbit mAb #2652||40 µl||W, IP, IHC-P, IF-IC||H, Mk||48||Rabbit IgG|
|β-TrCP (D12C8) Rabbit mAb #11984||40 µl||W||H, M, R, Mk||62||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
†Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Reactivity Key: H=Human, Mk=Monkey, M=Mouse, R=Rat, Hm=Hamster
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using RBX1 (D3J5I) Rabbit mAb #11922.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using β-TrCP (D12C8) Rabbit mAb #11984.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Skp1 (D3J4N) Rabbit mAb #12248.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using CYLD (D6O5O) Rabbit mAb #12797.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Skp2 (D3G5) XP® Rabbit mAb #2652.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-1 and SK-MEL-28 cells using CUL4A Antibody #2699.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Raji and HL-60 cells using DDB-2 (D4C4) Rabbit mAb #5416.
The Ubiquitin E3 Ligase Complex Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means to study multiple protein components of ubiquitin E3 ligase complexes. The kit includes enough antibody to perform four western blot experiments per primary antibody.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in the Ubiquitin E3 Ligase Complex Antibody Sampler Kit recognizes endogenous levels of its respective target protein and does not cross-react with other family members. The Skp2 (D3G5) XP® Rabbit mAb is predicted to cross-react with Skp2a and Skp2B proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to human CYLD protein, a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly832 of human DDB-1 protein, to residues surrounding Ala174 of human DDB-2 protein, to the carboxy terminus of human RBX1 protein, to the carboxy terminus of human Skp1 protein, to the amino terminus of human Skp2 protein, and with a recombinant protein specific to human β-TrCP protein. Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser12 of human CUL4A protein. Polyclonal antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Ubiquitin can be covalently linked to many cellular proteins by the ubiquitination process, which targets proteins for degradation by the 26S proteasome. Ubiquitin is first activated by forming a thiolester complex with the activation component E1. The activated ubiquitin is subsequently transferred to the ubiquitin-carrier protein E2, and then from E2 to ubiquitin ligase E3 for final delivery to the ε-NH2 of the target protein lysine residue (1-3). Research studies suggest that activated E2 associates transiently with E3, and the dissociation is a critical step for ubiquitination (4).
S phase kinase-associated protein 1 (Skp1) is a critical scaffold protein of the Skp1/CUL1/F-box (SCF) E3 ubiquitin ligase protein complex. Various F-box proteins (e.g. β-TrCP, Skp2) mediate an interaction with Skp1 via their defining and conserved domain of 40 amino acids and with substrates to be ubiquitinated (5). RING-box protein 1 (RBX1 or ROC1) is another essential component of the SCF complex (6). RBX1 mediates the neddylation of CUL1, which activates SCF E3 ligase by facilitating the ubiquitin transfer from E2 to substrates (7-9). The RING finger domain of RBX1 is required for ubiquitin ligation (10).
Cullin-4 (CUL4) is a member of the cullin family of related ubiquitin ligases (11). The carboxy-terminal domain of CUL4 interacts with Rbx1 and E2 enzyme while the amino-terminal CUL4 domain interacts with BPB domain of UV-damaged DNA binding protein DDB-1 to form a CUL4-DDB1 ubiquitin ligase complex (12). Damaged DNA-Binding Protein (DDB) consists of a 127 kDa subunit (DDB-1) and a 48 kDa subunit (DDB-2) that contribute to the formation of the UV-damaged DNA-binding protein complex (UV-DDB) (13-15). In conjunction with CUL4A and RBX1, the UV-DDB complex forms an E3 ubiquitin ligase that recognizes a broad spectrum of DNA lesions. The complex polyubiquitinates components of the nucleotide excision repair pathway (16-18).
- Ciechanover, A. (1998) EMBO J 17, 7151-60.
- Hochstrasser, M. (2000) Nat Cell Biol 2, E153-7.
- Hochstrasser, M. (2000) Science 289, 563-4.
- Deffenbaugh, A.E. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 611-22.
- DeSalle, L.M. and Pagano, M. (2001) FEBS Lett 490, 179-89.
- Zheng, N. et al. (2002) Nature 416, 703-9.
- Kamura, T. et al. (1999) Genes Dev 13, 2928-33.
- Morimoto, M. et al. (2003) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 301, 392-8.
- Pan, Z.Q. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 1985-97.
- Sun, Y. et al. (2001) Antioxid Redox Signal 3, 635-50.
- Petroski, M.D. and Deshaies, R.J. (2005) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 6, 9-20.
- Lee, J. and Zhou, P. (2007) Mol Cell 26, 775-80.
- Reardon, J.T. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 21301-8.
- Keeney, S. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 21293-300.
- Hwang, B.J. and Chu, G. (1993) Biochemistry 32, 1657-66.
- Chu, G. and Chang, E. (1990) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87, 3324-7.
- Hirschfeld, S. et al. (1990) Mol Cell Biol 10, 2041-8.
- Payne, A. and Chu, G. (1994) Mutat Res 310, 89-102.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7723 Red Loading Buffer Pack
- 7722 Blue Loading Buffer Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9998 BSA
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.