Product Pathways - Protein Translation
XBP-1s (D2C1F) Rabbit mAb #12782
|12782S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12782||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
XBP-1s (D2C1F) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of the total spliced isoform of XBP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu64 of human XBP1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untreated (-) or treated with tunicamycin (2 μg/ml, 8 hr; +), using XBP-1s (D2C1F) Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human XBP-1s (hXBP-1s-Myc/DDK; +), using XBP-1s (D2C1F) Rabbit mAb (upper), DYKDDDDK Tag (9A3) Mouse mAb #8146 (middle) or GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower).
Following protein synthesis, secretory, intra-organellar, and transmembrane proteins translocate into the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) where they are post-translationally modified and properly folded. The accumulation of unfolded proteins within the ER triggers an adaptive mechanism known as the unfolded protein response (UPR) that counteracts compromised protein folding (1). The transmembrane serine/threonine kinase IRE1, originally identified in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is a proximal sensor for the UPR that transmits the unfolded protein signal across the ER membrane (2-4). The human homolog IRE1α was later identified and is ubiquitously expressed in human tissues (5). Upon activation of the unfolded protein response, IRE1α splices X-box binding protein 1 (XBP-1) mRNA through an unconventional mechanism using its endoribonuclease activity (6). This reaction converts XBP-1 from an unspliced XBP-1u isoform to the spliced XBP-1s isoform, which is a potent transcriptional activator that induces expression of many UPR responsive genes (6).
- Kaufman, R.J. et al. (2002) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3, 411-21.
- Nikawa, J. and Yamashita, S. (1992) Mol Microbiol 6, 1441-6.
- Cox, J.S. et al. (1993) Cell 73, 1197-206.
- Mori, K. et al. (1993) Cell 74, 743-56.
- Tirasophon, W. et al. (1998) Genes Dev 12, 1812-24.
- Lee, K. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 452-66.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 11815 ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 5554 CHOP (D46F1) Rabbit mAb
- 2895 CHOP (L63F7) Mouse mAb
- 3597 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) (119A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9721 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Antibody
- 3192 PERK (C33E10) Rabbit mAb
- 5683 PERK (D11A8) Rabbit mAb
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 2679 Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb
- 2433 Calnexin Antibody
- 2446 PDI Antibody
- 2886 ERp44 Antibody
- 2887 ERp57 (A484) Antibody
- 2881 ERp57 (G117) Antibody
- 2798 ERp72 Antibody
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.