Product Pathways - Protein Folding
Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen (D7I8E) XP® Rabbit mAb #12815
|12815S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12815P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12815||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||100||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen (D7I8E) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total prostate specific membrane antigen. An SDS resistant dimer at approximately 200 kDa can be detected depending on sample preparation conditions.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the extracellular domain of human prostate specific membrane antigen protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen (D7I8E) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human prostate adenocarcinoma using Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen (D7I8E) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian serous adenocarcinoma using Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen (D7I8E) XP® Rabbit mAb. Note positive staining of blood vessels.
Prostate specific membrane antigen (PSMA, also known as FOLH1), a type II transmembrane protein of the M28 family, has both folate hydrolase and N-acetylated-alpha-linked acidic dipeptidase activity. PSMA was originally identified in the LNCaP cell line, which was derived from a prostate adenocarcinoma lymph node metastasis (1,2). PSMA is an established prostate cancer marker (3); however, it is expressed in other tissues, including kidney, liver, and urinary bladder (4), and it is associated with tumor neovasculature (5) as well. Research studies suggest that PSMA is both a potential diagnostic readout and therapeutic target (6-8).
- Horoszewicz, J.S. et al. (1987) Anticancer Res 7, 927-35.
- Israeli, R.S. et al. (1993) Cancer Res 53, 227-30.
- Ben Jemaa, A. et al. (2010) J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29, 171.
- Kinoshita, Y. et al. (2006) World J Surg 30, 628-36.
- Chang, S.S. et al. (1999) Mol Urol 3, 313-320.
- Mease, R.C. et al. (2013) Curr Top Med Chem 13, 951-62.
- Frigerio, B. et al. (2013) Eur J Cancer 49, 2223-32.
- Denmeade, S.R. et al. (2012) Sci Transl Med 4, 140ra86.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 12702 Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen (D4S1F) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
SignalStain® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.