Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
FoxO3a (D19A7) Rabbit mAb #12829
|12829S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12829||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||82 to 97||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
FoxO3a (D19A7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total FoxO3a protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the carboxy terminus of human FoxO3 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T, MRK-nu-1 and Jurkat cells using FoxO3a (D19A7) Rabbit mAb (upper) and Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb #4691 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using FoxO3a (D19A7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded PC-3 (upper) and MRK-nu-1 (lower) cell pellets, treated with Human Insulin-like Growth Factor I (hIGF-I) #8917 (left) or LY294002 #9901 (right), using FoxO3a (D19A7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human prostate carcinoma using FoxO3a (D19A7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded metastatic SKOV3 tumor in mouse lung using FoxO3a (D19A7) Rabbit mAb. Note nuclear staining in adjacent normal lung.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of PC-3 cells, treated with Human Insulin-like Growth Factor I (hIGF-I) #8917 (left) or LY294002 #9901 (right), using FoxO3a (D19A7) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
The Forkhead family of transcription factors is involved in tumorigenesis of rhabdomyosarcoma and acute leukemias (1-3). Within the family, three members (FoxO1, FoxO4, and FoxO3a) have sequence similarity to the nematode orthologue DAF-16, which mediates signaling via a pathway involving IGFR1, PI3K, and Akt (4-6). Active forkhead members act as tumor suppressors by promoting cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Increased expression of any FoxO member results in the activation of the cell cycle inhibitor p27 Kip1. Forkhead transcription factors also play a part in TGF-β-mediated upregulation of p21 Cip1, a process negatively regulated through PI3K (7). Increased proliferation results when forkhead transcription factors are inactivated through phosphorylation by Akt at Thr24, Ser256, and Ser319, which results in nuclear export and inhibition of transcription factor activity (8). Forkhead transcription factors can also be inhibited by the deacetylase sirtuin (SirT1) (9).
- Anderson, M.J. et al. (1998) Genomics 47, 187-99.
- Galili, N. et al. (1993) Nat Genet 5, 230-5.
- Borkhardt, A. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 195-202.
- Nakae, J. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 15982-5.
- Rena, G. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 17179-83.
- Guo, S. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 17184-92.
- Seoane, J. et al. (2004) Cell 117, 211-23.
- Arden, K.C. (2004) Mol Cell 14, 416-8.
- Yang, Y. et al. (2005) EMBO J 24, 1021-32.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2599 Phospho-FoxO1 (Thr24)/FoxO3a (Thr32)/FoxO4 (Thr28) (4G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2880 FoxO1 (C29H4) Rabbit mAb
- 9466 Phospho-FoxO3a (Ser253) Antibody
- 5538 Phospho-FoxO3a (Ser294) Antibody
- 2497 FoxO3a (75D8) Rabbit mAb
- 2499 FoxO4 (55D4) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.